Chris NottEM Tuning
    Speed doesn't Kill!

Status

Do I have DRL's? 2004 S-Line with OEM Xenons (non-LED)

Hello,

Does anyone know if I will have DRL's? I have a 2004 TDi with factory fitted Xenons, will there be DRL's in there? If so how do I turn them on (If they aren't already?) (I know they are not LED's but after reading on a few sites it seems that some people do)

Cheers,
    Joe

Click above for my A3 Build thread!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    Oh good point to mention, I'm not being lazy my car is a few hundred miles away lol

Joe

1st Gear

Status
    do you have a drl switch on your headlight switch? it should be a simple 1 or 0 scrolling switch

I would very much doubt it. I had DRL's in my 2007 A3 with OEM Xenons but not with my 2004 A3. As has already been said - No DRL switch, No DRLs.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

4th Gear

Status
    If they are normal xenons(just low beam) then you wont have DRLs as the inner headlight lens will be used for your high beam. If they are bi-xenon both you low and high beam are from the outer projector lens and the inner one will have a large bulb and be used for DRL, you will have the switch mentioned above then. I dont think bi-xenon was an option on the 2004 cars so you probably dont have drls.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    you can always program drls with vagcom, though i think thats fogs only

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    I can make the fogs turn on as DRL's? How do I do that? Not sure I'll leave it on but I'll have a look.

Cheers