Looking to Buy a new S3

Brett Butler

Reaction score
Website
www,brettbutler.co.uk
Hi all

I am up for a new car RX8 is present one, it is nr 6 yr old, and the 21 MPG beginning to bug me.

It is a sort of toss up between a BMW prob a 1series M 335 or anS3

Both Cars had stronger points over each other in my books for a long term commitment, I generally keep a new car for about 6 yrs on average.

My main concerns re the S3 are reliability over 6 years and the costs of repairs, and servicing, I have read and spoke to a few people that although generally reliable when they do go wrong, too many dealers are guessing and waste time and you end up with a massive repair bill. I know you can get extended warranty, so some relief there.
The BMW does some great packages re servicing and unlimited warranty.
As the driving of the cars, I cannot make my mind up, but it is edging to the S3 for a few reasons,

Would like some honest opinions really just sitting on the fence so far.

Thanks

Well this is an Audi forum so i say S3 all day long. As for reliability mine has been good as gold :icon_thumright:

Apparently the 335 is being discountinued this year.
As for performance, most dyno readings only show these cars at around 120bhp.
Average mpg is circa 8mpg and most cars suffer from regular catastrophic engine failure. Thats if they dont catch fire first, or are stolen, as most generic yale keys will start the car and bypass the factory immobiliser.
Tyres are around £900 each and tend to scrub after a few hundred miles.

Get an S3 mate, its the best car in the world.
Honest.

Cheers
Paul