Badger5Volks Autos
    imported_Skywalker

2.0T available to order in 3door

Just been to see my mate/dealer about ordering one. Available with Quattro and manual gearbox or with 2wd and DSG. Both the same price:Ł22,205.00

Was ready to buy one today but they don't do it in S-line spec. I have no idea why.

He rang head office while I was there and they have no plans to build a 2.0T S-line and the new nose will go on all A3s ordered after May next year.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: 2.0T available to order in 3door

Oh no!!!. not the new nose!...

Reverse Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Booster said:

Was ready to buy one today but they don't do it in S-line spec. I have no idea why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive my ignorance, but can't you simply add all what you'd get on an S-Line as accessories? the half leather, the spoiler, the badges, the wheels? etc

imported_Skywalker

Not really, as the wheels are Ł2240 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    You don't get the same suspension, avus paint is Ł1500 and not Ł400.

And the Sport just isn't as "sporty" as the S-Line.

Bring on the new S3 quick!!!

Neutral

Status

I really could nuke my local dealer, i've been down there at least 5 times about the 2.0T

First it was... what's a 2.0T
    then it was... have you seen the new sportback it has 2.0T
    now Audi have finally released details on the 3-door, so off i went again yesterday, and the conversation went something like...

D: Hello

Me: hi, i've come to talk about a new 2.0T 3-door A3

D: (blank expression)

Me: I spoke to Steve, he had no idea when it would be released. But now there are details on the audi web site, i'd thought i'd come down and have a chat.

D: (blank expression)

Me: So do you have any details.

D: Well If Steve said he'd send you the details i'm sure he will.

Me: Yes, but the details have been released and he hasn't called.

D: Let me have a look (2min later) Well all i have is this page with the prices on, and that we can now place orders.

Me: Ok, So I'd like to arrange a test drive to see what i think.

D: (Blank expression) then just smiles.

Me: I've already got an A3 and I wanted to get some trade in figures etc..

D: (still smiling)

Me: So I'll just have to wait then...

D: OK

Now this just makes me so frustrated, do the dealers actually know WHAT customer service is. Here i am begging for information and trying to talk figures, and then just don't give a toss [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img]

It's a wonder they actually sell any cars... Now why couldn't he just say...

I'm sorry all i have is this piece of paper with the prices at the moment, would you like me to contact you when i have some more details. Maybe you'd like to test drive a sportback with the same engine.

I'd have left feeling that he was actually interested in selling me the car, and that he might actually call me when he did have more info.

Rant over [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

I would call Audi customer services and complain.. these guys need a kick up the ar$e now and again to put it mildly.
    It is true sometimes that the public will know more about the impending cars etc through articles than the dealers, but at least you expect them to try and help?..

Its pretty good if you call in the customer services since they come down really heavy on the dealers for this kind of attitude..

2nd Gear

Status

I actually sent an email to audi customer services on Saturday but that was for something else (replacing my fu*king corroding wheels) and they still haven't replied!
    I am gonna call them tomorow!
    It just takes all the joy away from the car
    well almost [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

I've sent about 4 emails to customer services in the past week and have heard diddly!

Perhaps when you call you could ask them if their email system is having problems and let us know!??

imported_trident21

I have also bean mailing them (germany) without any answer!!

imported_ilclifford

Hi Booster

I was in this predicament when I ordered as well as I wanted an S-Line but with FULL leather interior. Also you should note that there are many other options restrictions when buying an S-Line such as Steering wheel etc..

And your right about the S-Line wheels as they are ~ Ł1300rrp + tyres (not sure where you got Ł2240 from). You should push for a discount if bundled with the car and you can always sell the existing wheels (I got Ł325 for my 17" 5-Spoke Star wheels).

The paint cost is irrespective of the S-Line trim or not and applies to all Special Order colours.

The suspension is the same (don't let the stealer convince you otherwise) as the Sport model and I got this info from Audi customer services. (P.S. The difference in Rolling Radius between the standard 17" Sport rims and the 18" S-Line or Calito rims is 0.32%).

I opted for the full bodykit, 18" Calito wheels with Goodyear F1 GSD3 tyres, and tailpipe extension for Ł3340.

And to be sad [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I even ordered and had fitted the S-Line badges all round the car for Ł60.

You do lose out on the interior mods though but I'm convinced they'll be on VAG parts before too long.

Also you can always pay the extra if you get a 9.76% discount (~Ł2200) like I did (just quote Oneswoop and tell them its a take or leave it offer to buy the car).

Pickup car tomorrow and will post pics w/badges all.

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    cdb2 said:
    I've sent about 4 emails to customer services in the past week and have heard diddly!

Perhaps when you call you could ask them if their email system is having problems and let us know!??

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well I just called them as I am too [censored] off with it and I talked to very nice chap (Loyd) who did not seem very pleased with their behaviour regarding the wheels. He's gonna call me back tomorow afternoon as he cant do much right now.
    Hope that gets sorted out! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]
    I asked for the email problem and he said that he recieved some emails today so he does not think there are any prob with it. I have to admit that my browser did give me a weird message when I sent that email.
    well only one advice call them, they're friendly

imported_ilclifford

I'm sorry about the experience you have had with your dealer.

I've used Whites Audi (Camberley, Surrey) and the salesman, Andy Browne, was fantastic getting all the mod's and info on my car.

If you want ring him on 01276-670377 then go ahead he is a top bloke and IMHO the best and most helpful car salesman I have ever dealt with.

btw He even gave me a 9.76% discount on the car and all the options...! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

Trident21,
    Do you speak German?
    I have a good video (7minutes) of the V6 compared to the Evo and Sti (yeah I know it is not the same range) but it is all in German.
    In this video they did a 0-60-0 and track tests so could interesting to see what they have to say.
    The thing is I cant upload it as it a .wmw file which for whatever reason is refused.
    I still have your email adress if that's ok with you
    thanks

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    ilclifford said:
    I'm sorry about the experience you have had with your dealer.

I've used Whites Audi (Camberley, Surrey) and the salesman, Andy Browne, was fantastic getting all the mod's and info on my car.

If you want ring him on 01276-670377 then go ahead he is a top bloke and IMHO the best and most helpful car salesman I have ever dealt with.

btw He even gave me a 9.76% discount on the car and all the options...! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks Ian [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img],
    I'll wait and see how ciustomer services get back to me. If it's bad I'll call him. Hell, if I have to go down to Surrey it will even give an excuse to drive the car! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Well, having had a nightmare with the dealers of late, i decided to goto my next local dealer in Leeds.

The whole experience was better, but a lack of discounting and the sales guy trying to screw me on a trade in [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img]. I have finally made the decision to sell the car and move to another brand [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

I just feel that for the money you spend with Audi the customer service leaves a lot to be desired. And although I know a few of you guys do have good dealerships, I unfortunately have no choice when it comes to servicing and warranty issues. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

So if anyone if after a fairly new A3 TDI, pm mw or drop me a mail...

Reverse Gear

Status

How much discount did they offer in Leeds? and did you try and get them to price match with an online broker?

Neutral

Status

No discount, really although they made it sound like i was getting a grand off, but they actually increased my deposit, thus reducing my trade in price of my current car.

Didn't try to get them to price match, mainly because i like to see if their trying to screw me first, before i try and screw them....

Trade in price was ridiculous, worked out at Ł16.5K [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Thanks for the comments guys, i'll have to have a serious think about the situation. Cheers

Neutral

Status

not sure yet...

I'll have a look around and see what's available?

3rd Gear

Status

What age, milage and gearbox is yours?

Also any options on it apart from the body kit and wheels?

3rd Gear

Status

Yeah but I bet they can re map the 2.0T to around 240bhp and about 250 lbs of tourque, that should bring the 0-60 down to just above 6 seconds from 6.7 secs.
    The 2.0T is over 2 seconds quicker to 60 than the 2.0tdi.
    Does anyone have the 40-70 times, as this is where we really need it?

The 2.0T should be a far better car than the diesel, it only has about 30 lbs more torque at the moment on the TDI.

5th Gear

Status

I'd agree gizze since I am not a fan of the diesel (but love it's torque), i was eluding to the fact that jasew has quite a special looking car already...

Neutral

Status

Gizze, options apart from the bodykit and alloys are...

Grey Pebble Leather
    Parking Sensors
    Cruise Control
    Storage Pack
    Centre Armrest
    Folding Mirrors
    Non Smoking Pack
    H&R Suspension Kit (cost Ł850)

911SC, thanks for the comments. I agree about the tdi, love the torque but not the sound. This was my primary reason for wanting to change to a 2.0T

There is a german tuning company that has already chipped the 2.0T upto 240bhp, and so the tuning begins [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]