[Help] LED light's on the interior door handle

griffin

Reaction score
Hello.
I've been thinking of installing a light on the interior door handles of my a3. I've been searching and i saw that there is a different door handle with the lights and that is necessary to change the current handle. But, isn't it possible to just install a red led there and make a small hole on the top of the handle so the light can come out? Has anyone done this?
Also, i would need to take apart the hole door panel to do this or i can just remove the door handles? Because if i have to take the whole panel out i probably won't do it because i don't have enough experience to do this and im afraid i would mess something up or wont be able to put it back again:blush:
Thanks

PS: Sorry for any mistake on my english because it's not my native language.

I didn't know about that thread and just finished reading it. So it is possible to do it without buying the new handles, but what i didn't understood was if it is possible to take just the door handle or not =/

In my experience of fitting the door warning lights and puddle lights to my A3 and now my A4 you will still need to remove the door cards so that you can wire the door handle illumination lights into the door control module. There will be two pins you need to connect two (I don't know which until I look into the wiring diagrams in elsawin)

(I don't know which until I look into the wiring diagrams in elsawin)

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

pns2007, can you tell me where to find the wiring diagrams in elsawin as I'm having trouble locating them?

I'm looking for a wiring diagram of the fuse box and relays.

Thanks

Look in the current flow diagrams (yellow triangle), type in your vehicle details and then search 'driver door opener' (page 13 on the one I looked at) and scroll through to find the correct diagram (which was No 51/17 on the one I just looked at). The bulb was listed as L108 and the pins were 17 (+ve) and 19 (-ve). This was for a 2009 A3 8P1 diesel I looked at. They may well all be the same but check. You will need to do the same for the other doors.

Hope this helps