SE V SPORT - HOW DO YOU FIND THE RIDE ???

shilts

Reaction score
Hi , i can't make my mind up whether to go for the SE or sport spec . I'd like everything the sport has to offer but can't make my mind up about the lowered suspension . I've read several times that the ride is very firm / bumpy / uncomfortable , others say it is fine . I was a bit concerned that over time the family may find this too uncomfortable . I'd appreciate your thoughts on this matter , cheers .:yes:

Hi , i can't make my mind up whether to go for the SE or sport spec . I'd like everything the sport has to offer but can't make my mind up about the lowered suspension . I've read several times that the ride is very firm / bumpy / uncomfortable , others say it is fine . I was a bit concerned that over time the family may find this too uncomfortable . I'd appreciate your thoughts on this matter , cheers .:yes:

As you will see from my signature I have an SE model but with the optional 17" alloys and 225/45 tyres. I used to drive Sport versions of the 8L A3 but decided the Sport suspension was getting a little on the hard side making it a little uncomfortable, especially on long trips. So I went for the SE with 17" alloys for my last three A3 and have never regretted the decision. My SE handles fine and when I 've been given a Sport a loan car when my is being serviced, I've always been glad to get back into my more comfortable SE.

SE is too high and bouncy, sports is slighly lower but a little firmer, s-line is still lower and too hard, best standard setup is sports on 18" wheels

i think that the sport setup is about right, difficult to rub on kerbs too since its tractor high!