Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

plug and play chips

hi all
    new to the site and well chuffed audi a3 2.0 tdi 140 owner
    just a quick one to see if anyone knows anything aboout the chips on ebay you can get that just plug straight into the engine and that you are ableto remove anytime you like
    it sais they give a extra 30 odd break and a lot better fuel ecconomy
    anyone shed any light at all?

cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I would avoid like the plague imoh and invest in a proper ecu remap via the o.b.d port.
    The plug and play tuning boxes trick the ecu into thinking its getting different values such as air temp etc which basically makes it chuck more fuel in and wont burn efficiently hence fuel economy increases and engines will smoke alot out of exhaust.
    A proper remap actually changes the fuel.ignition,boost timings etc on the ecu rather than 'tricking', this gives a much smoother power delivery uses the correct amount of fueling and there will be no black smoke out of the exhaust !! GIAC and Revo are the most common and respected tuners imh.......just remember "you get what you pay for" !

Good luck, hope this helps !

As CJ3BLUE says, don't touch them. If you want a bit more power go for a proper remap. I have a new 2.0 TDI-140 common-rail version and had mine 'chipped' a few months ago by Performance Torque in Wolverhampton who came well recommended by several members of this forum. The cost was around 300 and it's given similar power to my previous 170 at much less than buying a new 170. I also get 3-4 extra miles per gallon and the car feels even smoother than before. Performance Torque's website is www.p-torgue.co.ok and their phone number is 01902 324 584. The chaps' name is Will Spooner and I have now qualms about recommending him for a job well done. The small caf at the entrance to the industrial site where he is based does excellent bacon rolls as well!!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    Some guys are trying to get another Bluefin group buy going so check out the group buy section

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Don't touch it! Go P-Torque or Shark Performance