A3 SPORTBACK - END OF PRODUCTION / DEALS !

shilts

Reaction score
Hi , i'm thinking of buying an A3 sportback 1.6tdi for September registration , but had heard that audi may be stopping production of the current A3 some time soon . Can anyone please confirm whether this is the case and when ??? Also if this is the case might there be a deal to be had , many thanks .

As they are just bringing out the A1 and it looks like an A3/A4/A5 etc.....I cant see them changing the A3 for a while. They have only just got the range all looking the same.b

I wouldn't worry about it if you like the car enough, perhaps consider a PCP if you are worried about a new model affecting residuals but I imagine there will always be a great demand for the SB in the new 1.6 tdi format, you could put off buying indefinetly if you keep waiting for new models but one is definetly on the horizon.

Thre is a new A3 in the pipe line but I don't think it will be in the UK until at least 2012. If you like the present one, go ahead and buy it. A new model will not make much difference to the second hand values because those who will be buying second hand will not be able to afford a new version until it's a few years old anyway.