Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits

Thread: Xenons

6th Gear

Status

Xenons

thinking of putting xenons in my a3 the single bulb sort not bi ones do i need an adaptor lead does any body noe any one in uk that does this lead ?

thanks
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    The standard xenon's are a direct fit, you just need to use vagcom to tell the car it has them.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

6th Gear

Status
    oh right thats good news then i have vagcom ..can you adjust the height of them with vag com as im not installing the auto levelers
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    dont they pop the wiper motor?
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

1st Gear

Status
    I think only fake HID's pop the wiper motor.....hate them with passion

6th Gear

Status
    no thats the aftermarket hids....

i just bought a set of xenons so need some help any body local with single xenons that i can plug mine into to set them to mot mode ......

thanks

6th Gear

Status
    You cant adjust the height using vagcom (even if you can?) as you dont have the module that controls the height installed. The module also wouldn't work right without the leveling motors installed either. There will be the normal adjustment screws, hopefully you can get enough adjustment off of those. I guess you could line car up against a wall and mark off where the lights line up to including the break off point and then when you fit new ones make sure they line up up/down & left right.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

6th Gear

Status
    ok many thanks so i need to plug them in to someones car to adjust to normal height and unplug them while there on....then refit to my car and manual adjust ?