Badger5AH Fabrications
    Brilliant Black Black edition

Status

Ordering new A3. Recommendations for options?

Hi all. I'm planning on ordering a new A3 SB S-line as a company car. Once the lease value is worked out I should have around Ł1600 to spend on options. Xenons are a must for me which consumes Ł545 immediately, but what else does everyone recommend?

I'm thinking along the lines of Xenons, Audio pack (Bose and Symphony HU for Ł500) and comfort pack (rear parking sensors, cruise, light and rain sensor for Ł500).

Alternatively I could maybe scrape the Xenons and Magnetic ride. Is this a worthwhile consideration? The last A3 I drove seemed a little short on steering feel and I understand the Mag ride improves this on the TT, so maybe on the A3 too???

Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    A3 Black Edition is the way forward (if you have that option), Xenons and Bose+symphony are standard. Suspension is dropped a touch lower than standard S-line too, so you'll get improved handling and a better feel for the road.
    '09 A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition 140PS
    Got: Bose, Xenon Plus, LED DRLs
    , FBMFSW, 18" 7 Twin-Spoke 'Titanium' Wheels, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoker pack, Debadged
    Want sooner:
    S3 pedals, VCDS (VagCom), LaminX front lights
    Maybe later:
    RNS-e (or equivalent), 19" Wheels (as above)

1st Gear

Status
    Light/Rain Sensor pack (auto lights and wipers) - Note: Neither front nor rear foglights can be used in AUTO setting, you have to switch to manual lights.
    Interior Light Pack.
    Main Beam Assist (auto-switch from main beam to dipped, and back again - requires Sight and Light pack).
    Last edited by maninthestreet; 2nd February 2010 at 15:34.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    High Beam Assistance, not Main Beam Assist, but definitely bixenon adaptives with auto lights/wipers & make sure you get rear view dim with side dims & folding mirrors which actually come as a Ł400 pack iirc on new cars, rest is at choice, I wouldnt get magride when could get better on a set of good dampers/coils, your choice, but then I'm a tech whore.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Brilliant Black Black edition

Status
    Thanks. Managed to wangle the Black Edition in the end plus comfort, sound and interior light packs, heated alcantara and a couple of other bits. I'm happy with the spec, just got the long 3 month wait now!

I agree with Nigel. Personally I would not want to have an A3 or any other car without Xenon headlights and auto dimming rear view and external mirrors and an S-tronic gearbox. The rest of the options are down to personal choice.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3