Ordering new A3. Recommendations for options?

Flat6

Brilliant Black Black edition
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm planning on ordering a new A3 SB S-line as a company car. Once the lease value is worked out I should have around £1600 to spend on options. Xenons are a must for me which consumes £545 immediately, but what else does everyone recommend?

I'm thinking along the lines of Xenons, Audio pack (Bose and Symphony HU for £500) and comfort pack (rear parking sensors, cruise, light and rain sensor for £500).

Alternatively I could maybe scrape the Xenons and Magnetic ride. Is this a worthwhile consideration? The last A3 I drove seemed a little short on steering feel and I understand the Mag ride improves this on the TT, so maybe on the A3 too???

Thoughts?

A3 Black Edition is the way forward (if you have that option), Xenons and Bose+symphony are standard. Suspension is dropped a touch lower than standard S-line too, so you'll get improved handling and a better feel for the road.

Light/Rain Sensor pack (auto lights and wipers) - Note: Neither front nor rear foglights can be used in AUTO setting, you have to switch to manual lights.
Interior Light Pack.
Main Beam Assist (auto-switch from main beam to dipped, and back again - requires Sight and Light pack).

Last edited:
High Beam Assistance, not Main Beam Assist, but definitely bixenon adaptives with auto lights/wipers & make sure you get rear view dim with side dims & folding mirrors which actually come as a £400 pack iirc on new cars, rest is at choice, I wouldnt get magride when could get better on a set of good dampers/coils, your choice, but then I'm a tech whore.

Thanks. Managed to wangle the Black Edition in the end plus comfort, sound and interior light packs, heated alcantara and a couple of other bits. I'm happy with the spec, just got the long 3 month wait now!

I agree with Nigel. Personally I would not want to have an A3 or any other car without Xenon headlights and auto dimming rear view and external mirrors and an S-tronic gearbox. The rest of the options are down to personal choice.