Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    4th Gear

Status

suspension problem acclaimed by audi

booked my car in on the 6th fo have my front fog lights replaced and also asked them about the rear suspension as it was making weird noises.

they said that Audi UK has issued a fault with it and as yet has not found the problem and cannot fix it....

they said as soon as they have a fix for it they will be doing a recall..

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_A3dude

Re: suspension problem acclaimed by audi

Hi Richy

What sort of noises are you getting from your rear suspension? i have strange noises also from the rear of my car, i will try to describe. Only notice it at low speed, more so over uneven ground, its like a faint knock noise, sounds like something is loose. I thought it was fuel sloshing around in the tank at first, but i`m not so sure. Its going to be hard to explain this to the dealer next week.

imported_ianspibs

Just noticed this thread and didnt realise that Audi have said that there is a problem.
    I also have a faint knocking noise that sounds as though it is coming from the rear suspension...but i just thought it was either the sun blind rattling in the parcel shelf, or the rubber balls that are fixed to the end of the chords that lift the parcel shelf with the tailgate, knocking around in the boot.
    (Old A3 had chords on some sort of return spring that retracted the chord into part of the parcel shelf).
    If you are sure that it is a suspension problem I will mention it when the car goes in on Friday for the following...
    Hinge on front centre armrest has come apart - ned new armrest.
    Easy entry front seat has stopped sliding forwad - cable has come off inside the seat back.
    Front fog lights have condensation inside.

imported_A3dude

Very good point, although i have tested with the parcel shelf out and the boot floor. But still have the annoying faint knocking noise [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. Its definately not a noise from inside the car. Must be the transmission or suspension creaking me thinks. Its not to bad, but because i know its happening i am always listing out for it. have got to get to the bottom of it. Just hope the Audi Technition can hear it.

2nd Gear

Status

Is this limited to the Quattro ? I haven't heard any noises but then at present it would be hard considering the noise my windows make.

4th Gear

Status

yeah its a knocking noise sort of thing..

speak to audi they will mention this notice that audi uk have put out.

imported_ianspibs

It doesnt sound as though its limited to the quattro, i've got the 2.0TDi Sport.
    Windows are ok though...

Neutral

Status

Had both fog lights and left rear light replaced - no fogging up since.

Had windows looked at also but no solution for that yet, garage did mention the rear noise problem and said Audi were looking into it.

2nd Gear

Status

Strange that your Audi dealer says there is no solution to the window problem, mine is going to sort out the problem in a few weeks time. They seemed to know what the problem is.

Spibs, I wonder if you have the same problem, Richy's problem sound pretty obtrusive.

4th Gear

Status

the problem with the windows is the rubber seals... they screesh when the window moves side to side..

get some lubricant or get tell audi what the prob is and they will do it for you.

2nd Gear

Status

Doesn't work they've been lubbed, cleaned, steam cleaned, lubbed again just get worse. I think the dealer is going to replace them.

4th Gear

Status

Had a test drive in an A3 2.0 FSi a few days back and noticed a knocking coming from the rear a few times!

2nd Gear

Status

No doubt when I get my windows fixed I'll start hearing it. At this rate I'll have a new car by the time the warranty runs out.