Anyone heading to Nurburgring this summer ?

willmac

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is heading over this year to driving Nirvana ?
If so when are you going , maybe a chance for a meet ?

i have always wanted to go, and would love to go, only thing that holds me back it the thought of bining my car on a corner:(

I have been once before with my 911 and I was sh*t scared to be honest, but after the 2nd lap was settling in and after that it becomes addictive.
That thought is always there, about wrapping your car , but that is what keeps you within the limits. In 3 days there I saw 3 cars wrapped and worse still the track closed twice for fatalities unfortunately. However all said and done you have to try it at least once.
A magic experience all told and desperate to get back but all the better if there are a few of you.

I am not getting my S3 until May by the looks of it so it will be after I have run the car in i would be thinking of going. Give it some more thought. Once you have been once you will not regret it as long as you stick to your abilities. The only place in Europe you will find out what your car and you can do. Other track days pale in comparison.

sweet mare, im deffo intrested and would make a great trip if there was a few of us, plus i have some mates who would probs come as well in tere cars, im deffo interested tho, what kind of cost are you looking at for a weekend, inc ferry etc

You guys don't realise how lucky you are to have the opportunity to drive your own car to the track. Shame on any of you who don't utlilise that opportunity! :p

It's been almost 4 years since I was there and I would, at the very least, make annual trips if I lived in the UK.

Chris,
The best website to get your costs from is this one here http://nurburgring.org.uk/ .
It has info and links to all that you need to find out about the Nurburgring and is probably the best website out there.

The track is not open all the time for public access as most of the time it is used for car testing and also staged events. The last time I looked they had not yet posted full dates for the summer. IMO it is better to go for about 3 days if possible, as there is a good chance the track will be closed quite often for clearing up accidents etc, so at least over 3 days you are more likely to get some decent laps in.

me and my friend paul are planning to go in march. if its a deffo, i can let you know? Paul drives a focus btw