About Time To Get New Set Of Tyres --

ST09

Reaction score
Hi All,

Can someone please recommend an online shop or a place in west yorkshire / lancashire from where I can buy a decent set of tyres at a decent price .

Thanks

Sal

The absolute best place I have found from a price and service perspective is Camskill.com. They are a mail order comapny based in whitehaven but for me it always works out much cheaper to buy and ship the tyres from them and then pay a local fitter to mount and balance them, apparently they work on very low profit margins concentrating on bulk, log on and give them a try.

Goodyear F1`assymetric are superb value, from memory about £97 per corner for 18 x 225 x 40

The option is price up from somewhere like Camskill. Then price up what your tyre fitter will charge to fit. Then see if they can match that deal. Often they will.

This is definetly the most convenient and sensible option. It has amazed me that on the last couple of occasions the local independant fitters still couldn't or wouldn't match the price. As for the larger outlets - where on earth do they get their RRP from, always astronomical prices complete with poor service.

This is definetly the most convenient and sensible option. It has amazed me that on the last couple of occasions the local independant fitters still couldn't or wouldn't match the price. As for the larger outlets - where on earth do they get their RRP from, always astronomical prices complete with poor service.

Camskill buy tyres by the container, and sell them for just a few quid over cost. As mentioned below, that business model is based on volume, rather than making much on a single tyre.

An independent tyre fitter won't have that buying power and will often pay more for the tyres - even if buying direct - than Camskill sell them to the public for.

I don't see why a tyre fitter shouldn't be able to make a reasonable profit on the sale and fitting of tyres - they're not a charity, however Camskill and the like do make them look more expensive than they maybe really are.

As for the big names - Kwik Fit etc - they rely on people not shopping around and just rocking up and asking for some new tyres.