Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Speed doesn't Kill!

Status

Traction Control, Steering Wheel and Tyre Pressure Monitor Lights lit Yellow! HELP!

As the title says, last night I was fitting a new steering wheel control module, I thought it was compatible with my car but it turns out it had no where to plug in my steering angle sensor.

After fitting it some of the functions worked including the Multifunction working as I had hoped but the cruise control wouldnt work and also obviously VCDS could not talk to the steering angle sensor causing a lot of problems.

Now i have swapped back to my original for temporary while I order a new steering wheel control module but the error is still there. The error is in the Steering Assist Module of VCDS. It gives no details on the error but says G85 Steering Angle Sensor.

Any Ideas what this could be? Has the sensor been damaged perhaps?

TIA
    Joe

Click above for my A3 Build thread!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    You'll need to adapt the steering angle sensor, details of the procedure are here: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/...teering_Assist

This should then get rid of the warnings.
    MY2011 A1 TDI Sport
    Amalfi White, Sat Nav, Bose, Xenon Plus, Climate Control, Competition Line Trim, LED Interior Lights, Light & Rain Sensors, Polygon 18" Wheels. Retrofit Armrest, Cruise Control & Gauge Sweep. VCDS.

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    Cheers,

As I asked this, I started to look through the Wiki and found that, I'm gonna go and give it a go now. I'll let you know how I get on.

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    Right tried this a couple of times, when I get to the Basic Setting stage, I turn it ON and it says Not Possible. No Matter where the wheel is the reading is always at 0.0 degrees but the acceleration can be read from the measuirng blocks. Is the sensor knackered or am I doing something wrong?

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    Now sorted no Errors at all. Turns out me being a fool had swapped the slip rings by accident. The one I had fitted has no sensors inside it for the steering angle sensor, I swapped it back to my original one and hey presto errors went away! Happy days!

Joe

6th Gear

Status
    I take its a later (2010?) version? I heard the later one for new style headlight switch didnt have the slip ring inside.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    No from a 2008 S-Line, whih has no Steering angle sensor on the column at all, (I would know I've got the whole thing) Obviously the slip ring has no feedback device inside it to feedback to the steering angle sensor so it was just getting confused.