Traction Control, Steering Wheel and Tyre Pressure Monitor Lights lit Yellow! HELP!

Joe90k

Speed doesn't Kill!
Reaction score
As the title says, last night I was fitting a new steering wheel control module, I thought it was compatible with my car but it turns out it had no where to plug in my steering angle sensor.

After fitting it some of the functions worked including the Multifunction working as I had hoped but the cruise control wouldnt work and also obviously VCDS could not talk to the steering angle sensor causing a lot of problems.

Now i have swapped back to my original for temporary while I order a new steering wheel control module but the error is still there. The error is in the Steering Assist Module of VCDS. It gives no details on the error but says G85 Steering Angle Sensor.

Any Ideas what this could be? Has the sensor been damaged perhaps?

TIA
Joe

Cheers,

As I asked this, I started to look through the Wiki and found that, I'm gonna go and give it a go now. I'll let you know how I get on.

Right tried this a couple of times, when I get to the Basic Setting stage, I turn it ON and it says Not Possible. No Matter where the wheel is the reading is always at 0.0 degrees but the acceleration can be read from the measuirng blocks. Is the sensor knackered or am I doing something wrong?

Now sorted no Errors at all. Turns out me being a fool had swapped the slip rings by accident. The one I had fitted has no sensors inside it for the steering angle sensor, I swapped it back to my original one and hey presto errors went away! Happy days!

Joe

I take its a later (2010?) version? I heard the later one for new style headlight switch didnt have the slip ring inside.

No from a 2008 S-Line, whih has no Steering angle sensor on the column at all, (I would know I've got the whole thing) Obviously the slip ring has no feedback device inside it to feedback to the steering angle sensor so it was just getting confused.