Volks AutosBadger5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status

Alcantara/leather seats

Hi all,

Has anybody got any interior pictures of the above with a close up if possible, yet to see a car with this material?

Also, to those who have this do you find it easy to maintain and does it look any good, I quite like the look of the material from the configurator?

Thanks

James

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Had it on 2 cars & its the dogs nads cause in winter isnt cold & in summer doesnt stick to you, its spot on take my word for it & of course with most materials how you look after is what matters about maintenance, I had a cat pee on my seat some months ago & cleaned out perfectly with no odour or stains using just vanish foam spray, also my other car that had this didnt take much to clean it, of course darker colour would help that cause lol, but I've had both with the whitish colour & still love it, although you just reminded me to clean it lol.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Had it on 2 cars & its the dogs nads cause in winter isnt cold & in summer doesnt stick to you, its spot on take my word for it & of course with most materials how you look after is what matters about maintenance, I had a cat pee on my seat some months ago & cleaned out perfectly with no odour or stains using just vanish foam spray, also my other car that had this didnt take much to clean it, of course darker colour would help that cause lol, but I've had both with the whitish colour & still love it, although you just reminded me to clean it lol.
    And breathe...
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    I've been to the showroom several times and just never seen it so can't get a feel for it, how does it feel (Strange question I know)?

You don't happen to have any pictures then I take it?

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by James (A3 SLine 09) View Post
    I've been to the showroom several times and just never seen it so can't get a feel for it, how does it feel (Strange question I know)?

You don't happen to have any pictures then I take it?
    It's basically synthetic suede, so has a smooth slightly fibrous finish. It's a lot less slippy than leather, so a better material for seats in most ways, as it holds you in place well, and as my colleague pointed out, a lot less sweaty in the summer and cold in winter.

Full leather looks great, but for usability, leather and alcantara is perfect.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Liking the comments so far, if this is the case why aren't we seeing more of it?

Follow me on Twitter

Gievf Buckets

Status

pic of mine after 60k miles

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by James (A3 SLine 09) View Post
    Liking the comments so far, if this is the case why aren't we seeing more of it?
    Because most of us are leather fetishists.

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post

pic of mine after 60k miles
    Still looks in fairly good condition, especially after that milage. I'm after a recent photo from new if possible?

Not a fan of all leather, rather split it up a little.

Follow me on Twitter

Gievf Buckets

Status
    fraid i dont have one mate maybe soon im warming to the idea of a new 2.0Tfsi Quattro but i just cant get over the ugly dumbo ears!

if it helps i dont htink it has discoloured at all so i ean it would just be tighter with more padding in a new one

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Thats great, appreciate the image and comments!

Follow me on Twitter

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Oi dont knock the ears until you've tested them, they're fantastic for angles & tbh I after having 2 cars with the prefacelift ones can honesly say I like the new ones, they just seem to suit the car now on & using them proves this more.

The alcantara wears well, the older 8L ones did suffer from bobbing that a simple remington fuzz away dealt with easily back to flat smooth surface, but so far these dont seem to suffer from this, atm

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Think I get the sort of idea now, would still like to see an image of a car from new with this material though just to confirm?

Thanks

Follow me on Twitter

Gievf Buckets

Status
    meh ears may grow on me the mk5 golf did i thought that it was hideous the first time i saw it

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Full leather has its advantages, its more durable and tougher wearing. But then it gets cold/hot in winter/summer. I think alcantara looks classier, but others think full leather does, who knows....

3rd Gear

Status
    I will upload pics a bit later today with my half leather half alcantara seats, mate they are spot on!

My car has done abut 20k miles now, and they still look like brand new!! Mint!
    Audi TT - 2.0TFSI - Ibis White

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    I'm a leather man personally (yep that's right), here's a pic of mine....sexy time

Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

6th Gear

Status
    As awesome as they are, i cant help but think they will turn blue after jeans have been on them! My cream leather sofa has been a nightmare for it!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    As awesome as they are, i cant help but think they will turn blue after jeans have been on them! My cream leather sofa has been a nightmare for it!
    Did you not see on another post, Nick said he only ever drives the car in his boxers, because of exactly that problem.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    Did you not see on another post, Nick said he only ever drives the car in his boxers, because of exactly that problem.
    I'm glad to see somebody pays attention, that was also the thread were I mentioned that if it gets really cold then I go for some white Levis 501's, I call them my Wham specials....

www.essexdriversclub.com

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    I'm glad to see somebody pays attention, that was also the thread were I mentioned that if it gets really cold then I go for some white Levis 501's, I call them my Wham specials....
    Yeah, the same one where you had that pic of you driving in your colour coded leather chaps. I never want to see that picture again.

Status
    Only real men wear chaps!

Just one point to note, leather seats have the "accidental spillage" benefit, if some muppet decides to spill drink on your seats, alcantara tends to suffer more than leather. Easy cure for that of course is to not let muppets in your car, but occasionally they slip through the net..

www.essexdriversclub.com

Pii
    4th Gear

Status
    LOL!!

Newbie question: How do you keep the leather protected and shine-free? Looking at the pictures, the steering wheel looks like it's brand new. How can I get rid of the shiney/oily look?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pii View Post
    LOL!!

Newbie question: How do you keep the leather protected and shine-free? Looking at the pictures, the steering wheel looks like it's brand new. How can I get rid of the shiney/oily look?
    wet n' dry.....?

www.essexdriversclub.com

Pii
    4th Gear

Status
    wet n' dry.....?
    Apologies for being a newbie but wet and dry just sounds like 'use some water'. I was thinking there maybe a recommended product(s) to remove the oily shine on the steering wheel which I hate

Status
    Apologies for being a newbie but wet and dry just sounds like 'use some water'. I was thinking there maybe a recommended product(s) to remove the oily shine on the steering wheel which I hate
    Has the car done many miles? Leather steering wheels tend to get a shiny finish due to wear.

Status
    Sorry, I was being cheeky. The steering wheel will after a few thousand miles start to lose it's sheen, but i dont know of any products i'm afraid that would accelerate that process.

www.essexdriversclub.com

6th Gear

Status
    LOL!!

Looking at the pictures, the steering wheel looks like it's brand new.
    Maybe thats because it is!

6th Gear

Status
    Has the car done many miles? Leather steering wheels tend to get a shiny finish due to wear.
    Answer is get the S line perforated one, doesnt suffer from it!

MK4 Golfs and mk1 TT's suffer badly from shiny wheels, newer vag cars dont seem to be so bad.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    Answer is get the S line perforated one, doesnt suffer from it!

MK4 Golfs and mk1 TT's suffer badly from shiny wheels, newer vag cars dont seem to be so bad.
    Agreed, I took my S-Line wheel out when the car was approx 50,000 miles old, to fit a FBMFSW, and it was in particularly good condition.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    using a leather conditioner should help prevent the degradation i figure, also that interior is very hott any chance of seeing the meteor grey seeing as how it seems to be the dolphin replacement

Status
    Of course, I thought they'd stopped doing Meteor Grey, turns out it just isn't on the configurator, looking at the latest brochure the 3 greys on offer are Meteor, Condor and Lava.

Here's my Meteor Grey S3....

www.essexdriversclub.com

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3_dan View Post
    I will upload pics a bit later today with my half leather half alcantara seats, mate they are spot on!

My car has done abut 20k miles now, and they still look like brand new!! Mint!
    Brilliant, will look forward to those pictures!

Follow me on Twitter

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Of course, I thought they'd stopped doing Meteor Grey, turns out it just isn't on the configurator, looking at the latest brochure the 3 greys on offer are Meteor, Condor and Lava.

Here's my Meteor Grey S3....

Thats one beautiful car, I want one!

Follow me on Twitter

Gievf Buckets

Status
    looks nice almost kinda green i love my paint since i had it redone then i fully detailed it myself looks great hard to explain what it does but it looks like straight streaks of different tones when light is shone on it, you gotta see it tbh

Pii
    4th Gear

Status
    Actually the car has only done 20k but I have noticed the wheel gets shiner by the day! Just wanna unshine it somehow lol.

Pii
    4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    using a leather conditioner should help prevent the degradation i figure, also that interior is very hott any chance of seeing the meteor grey seeing as how it seems to be the dolphin replacement
    Any recommended brand? And after applying the conditioner will it remove the shine/oils?

Gievf Buckets

Status
    im not sure if it will reverse it i would stop further shine ill try and remember to check the brand i use on the way home from work tomorrow but any generic brand would do the same thing

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Anyone?

Follow me on Twitter

Status
    My advice James is to have a look on the Audi website and do a seach for second hand cars (A3 or whatever), you will soon find one with the interior combination you are looking for, they will have interior pictures and are usually good quality and can be enlarged.

Hope that helps chief

www.essexdriversclub.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast