Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Update on suspension upgrade

hey all i posted a while ago about upgrading to s line suspension or aftermarket i managed to get hold of a full set of shocks, springs, and the rest from ebay for cheap cheap however does anyone know the best place to get hold of the front hubs as on mine the smaller types fitted and i need the bigger type any ideas chaps? priced them up in work and 200 each for a bit of metal is abit much lol many thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Bro it was me you bought the suspension off, your a good lad

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Neutral

Status
    No way lol yeah I put the rears on today but realised I need to sort the front hubs out shouldn't be long now and I'll hve the ride I'm after on a plus side the rear is nice and stiff now yay small world huh thanks again boss will update when it's done

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

No worries man!

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubs12 View Post
    hey all i posted a while ago about upgrading to s line suspension or aftermarket i managed to get hold of a full set of shocks, springs, and the rest from ebay for cheap cheap however does anyone know the best place to get hold of the front hubs as on mine the smaller types fitted and i need the bigger type any ideas chaps? priced them up in work and 200 each for a bit of metal is abit much lol many thanks
    It will probably be easier and cheaper to buy 50mm struts than 55mm hubs.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status

Red face

can anyone tell me all this about struts/hubs......i thort they were all the same?
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vw754 View Post
    can anyone tell me all this about struts/hubs......i thort they were all the same?
    Smaller engine cars have 50mm diameter struts. Larger engine cars have 55mm diameter struts. The difference is the diameter of the lower part of the strut, and the corresponding size hole in the hub that the strut slots into.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

1st Gear

Status
    Mines a 2.0 tdi fwd, anyone know which one it would be without actually measuring?

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    55 mm
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry to sound stupid, I'm still learning about suspension..
    But I've seen both types (50mm and 55mm) being sold for the same engine size.
    Just to be sure, We are talking about front shock diameter aren't we?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by waqi View Post
    Sorry to sound stupid, I'm still learning about suspension..
    But I've seen both types (50mm and 55mm) being sold for the same engine size.
    Just to be sure, We are talking about front shock diameter aren't we?
    Yes this is the diameter of the bottom of the front struts.

There is no hard and fast rule about which models use which. If you have any doubt, just measure them.

Neutral

Status
    well its finished after ages of faffing around getting the right hubs brakes and what not i've just finished upgrading to s line suspension all it took was a front hub from a 2.0 tdi golf and one from an R32 (same) and two seperate calipers from two different 2.0 tdi golfs and ta da

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

You happy with it lad?

Neutral

Status
    hell yeah trouble is i have to stop my right foot from sinking to the floor now it handles sooo well just finished converting the dash from one din to two din and added cruise hopefully next popping in a full bose system

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Well done, keep us updated.

Neutral

Status
    well its official i'm must be mad just bought a full bose system and been checking on ELSA its a complete rewire on the cards might take a lil while who needs time off eh lol

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubs12 View Post
    well its official i'm must be mad just bought a full bose system and been checking on ELSA its a complete rewire on the cards might take a lil while who needs time off eh lol
    how much did you pay?
    bose is ok but you can definitely get better!

Neutral

Status
    paid 80 for a full system 4 speakers bass box and amp too good to pass up however after pulling the car to bits to fit it was a pain to say the least tho one saturday and a lot of time and now i can't belive the difference i know you can get better but for 80 and abit of time and a a hell of a lot of wirering it was worth it lol wouldn't do it again tho

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    sounds good. You've done alot already!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Well done Troubs