Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Young drivers and courtesy cars

Hi all, my car is under warranty and a few things need fixing but the last time I gave it in I had no car because they don't give courtesy cars to under 21s. Anyone under 21 got a courtesy car? Was it just this dealership?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Interior Next!!

Status
    i think thats the case with most dealers mate, i had a cooper s before my s3 and the whole time i had the car they wouldnt give me a courtesy car! (age 18-21)
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Naa thats rubbish mate! Its just the dealers being lazy.

I am 20 years old. I have always managed to get a car.

When they messed up my order and it was 3 weeks late i demanded a car as they said it would be fine for me to sell my old motor. Week before, they said it was gonna be another 3 weeks, my sales lady said there was nothing she could do and all she was prepared to do was pay for my bus tickets. I spoke to the dealer sales manager and she pulled an 2.0li t A4 avant s-line out of demo for me to use as i told them I was disgusted that they offered the bus as a viable solution especially with my line of work. I explained the situation and she was very nice about it and understood my position. They gave me free fuel, insurance etc.

When my door dropped on my A3 and was repaired under warranty i got an 2.0li A3 for a couple of days while it was in the bodyshop.

Stick to your guns and they should be able to sort something. You kind of tell them how and what will happen. they kinda think they can tell you what to do just because you are young.

6th Gear

Status
    Could be sometimes at discression of the insurance as opposed to dealer. We do hiredrive vans and cars and our insurance stipulates over 25 years only. Drivers with over 3 points for parking or speeding offenses are at insurance brokes discression.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

1st Gear

Status
    I took my A3 for it's first service when I was 19, they didn't look at my driving licence and gave me an A6!

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the replies guys, well I'm going to call and push them hard as it's a real pain being without a car. Cruiser89 which dealer did you go to?

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Yeah push for it!!

Sometimes they may not have one available. So you may have to book one which is fair enough.

My dealer is Poole Audi.

Neutral

Status
    in my experience it depends n the group that the dealer belongs to.

When my last A3 went in for a door handle fix Leicester Audi (Sytner Group) wouldnt give me a car because of my 3 points!!. I went straight to Coventry Audi (Listers Group) and got a lovely 3.0 Quattro Sline A4!!

It all depends on their insurance providers

1st Gear

Status
    Booked the car on Tuesday, no courtesy car though no matter how hard I pushed.

Status

My Social Networking

What did they say??

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    I had a courtesy car when I was 18 and rolled it. I'm not an advert for young drivers and courtesy cars...
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!