R32 vs A3 3.2 ???

I

imported_trident21

The info about the A3 3.2 says that it has 250hp anthe the R32 has 240 in the same engine! Is there any difference in the programing of the engine or is it trouth somwere in the middle?

If there is a difference in the programing give me some info so I can give the vw guys the trouth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No, it isn't. They're basically the same engine, most likely just ECU upgrade (there could be something else of course).

- Yak

Its the same engine, but - what you might find is that the r32 has a more agressive arb setup and therefore is a much more enthralling drive than the a3 3.2...

I've read somewhere that it was a combination of the ECU map and that it had some new parts like the induction pipes and exhaust arrangements to reduce pressure loss

They are the same engine, but on the DSG ones the transmission software is slightly different as the A3 3.2 changes up automatically at high revs whereas the R32's doesn't, the paddle has to still be pressed!

The power difference is PS vs BHP!

Sorry chaps but it isn't just down to BHP vs PS, the conversion factor is 1.01387 so 240BHP = 243PS or put another way 250PS = 247BHP. So there is still another 7BHP to explain.

found that stuff about the intake pipe:
"The position of the airbox is closer to the motor, and the small battery is nearest the fender. This position aligns the airbox to the grill for a direct path. The Audi has a RAM style intake."
I understood it as : the air flows better to the engine
If I am wrong blame my French! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif