Chris NottSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Odd cruise control fault

Was on the M40 and clicked on the cruise, just sat back in my seat and I heard this sort of 'tock' noise, like the sound when you press the door lock button. Cruise light when off and the car started slowing down, so I accelerated back up to my original speed and tried to re-activate, nothing happened, no light, no cruise.

I thought maybe a relay or fuse had blown but I kept trying it nonetheless, nothing happened. Got to my meeting, the car was parked up for a few hours, on the way home it came back to life and has been working as normal since.

Any ideas?

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I had the cruise turn of & fail to enable until a restart & this was on way back from Italy, never did find out cause but hasnt been issue since mate, strange.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    My cruise used to do that on my Pigot 406 Coupe especially on long journeys. turned out to be to fine an adjustment on the brake pedal knock off switch and for some reason when the brakes were hot the pedal didn't come up quite as high so the cruise disengage was on. adjusted the free play in the pedal switch and it was fine.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Interestingly I was on a long trip, strange cause it has never happened before & no obvious reasons or codes thrown, I'll however check that out Pat, but I'm wondering if it has some silly time limit on the cruise or an inherent fault, I'll quiz audi tomorrow if possible.

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    I found that if i hooked my foot under the brake pedal and pulled it up i could then get cruise to engage, but then it was French !!

1st Gear

Status
    I've done huge stints in it before, like 8-10 hours and cruise has worked perfectly for the entire stint. This time I'd only been going about an hour, very weird. Did four hours today and no further problems so I assume it's some random electronic gremlin. Thanks for all your help so far though :-)

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    but then it was French !!
    Enough said..................................