Porsche brakes on my A3

navnayyar

Reaction score
looking around for s3 setup, but they are difficult to get hold of. Looks like porsche 996/997 setup is much easier to find, quite a few on ebay. will these fit my a3 on 18" rims. what do i need to look for? 5 stud pattern? will the discs and calpiers fit? wouldnt mind having porsche calipers showing through my rims :p thanks

IIRC Porsche is usually 5x130 PCD rather than 5x112, so the discs will be no use.

All you can use are the calipers. You will then need discs and bells, along with specially designed caliper brackets. It'll end up costing you far far more than an A3/V6 brake setup, and probably no cheaper than going for a Brembo etc. big brake conversion.

Yep,

Porkers are 5x130. You'll need to mix-n-match all sorts of bits -n- pieces to get a setup which works.

I've heard talk of xing Mercedews Benz rotors (ML55?) with Porsche Cayenne S brakes, and still haing to have caliper mounting adaptors machined... And at the end of all that, unless you're CERTAIN that nothing is stressed/loaded incorrectly under severe/emergency braking, you might still have something unsafe...

So I'd just go with a BBK if it were me. -Personally I have a complete spare set of 928S4 brakes here, but I still can't find a way to make anything fit on the A3 without some SERIOUS fabrication...

So I say go with a Stoptech BBK or similar solution.

Keith

Reactions: Humpers
On my ed 30

DSCF1464-1.jpg

N8 and I both had the brakes done by the same chap. I have given him an S3 hub to work out the carrier to be used. Give me a shout if you want to chat about the performance etc.

Had them on for a couple of months now and they are great. I am looking to swap hubs to the lighter S3 variant, the dimensions of the hub is slightly different, hence the need to sort out a different carrier.

What size wheels are on an S3? 7.5J or 8J?

My R8 set up cost me £1000 new, 4 pot Brembo calipers, 350mm discs, carriers and pads.

Nate, did they come with cups to catch your eyeballs when you get ready to stamp the brakes? :w00t:

Not a bad price all things been considered - did that include fitting?

Last edited: