RNS-E X--- ??

matayas

Reaction score
ive just had a rns-e fitted, everything seems to be working ok exept when i look up the sytem details i get

SW X---
H77
ver 8p0919884AA-AA- EUW

its a chrome dialed unit so 07- and has been fitted to a 55 plate car is this the issue ?
it came with 2008 disc 1 dvd and the nav works well and has intergrated to the DIS ok
The sw issue is bugging me and so hope someone can help

Is this a faulty unit ? or Can any one help me on how 2 update the system SW to the latest 0650 version
I thought with the disk been an '08 version it would automatically update the sw or at least it should have some sort of sw code ??

Thanks for any responses

should their be an option to adjust mids as well as bass and trebble on the rns-e sound settins ? if so this option is missing on mine ?

any one know what SDS stands for that mentioned in the link?

any input on the sound options on rns e ? ive read somewere else that the sw0650 adds the mid control and removes the 400 file limit on the SD cards for the unit

would you guys just leave it be OR look into getting the unit re-coded to sw0650

having a half hacked software dosent sound very appealing to me

any advise apreciated

the SD limit was only removed on the updated 2010 RNS-E, havent heard anything about mid control. Not exactly sure what SDS stands for (speech directed sytem?) but it basically lets you give voice commands to the RNS-E if you have an internal mic or BT mic fitted.

If you force an firmware update via vagcom in 37 adaptation channel 97 iirc set to a 1 then the FW/SW will show correctly, I did this recently & my unit still functions perfectly, now I cant guarantee yours will be the same but I'm very very confident if done correctly yours will display the correct FW/SW version no problem.

Speech Dialogue System, think of knight rider but less advanced, lol, use the hacked 0660 firmware after doing 0650 for this to work again.

thanks NHN

I would like to do this but i dont have vag com and no experiance in doing anything like this ever before, is it difficult ?

where do i get the program vag com from ? and is it expensive ?

Is their any one in the north of england/ yorkshire with vag com and the experience to do this ?

You have 2 routes, you can either buy vagcom which I sell anyway, PM for further info or you can ask a nice member in the link in my sig to do this for you mate, latter being cheaper but if you want to do other things to the car & have some form of checking for any faults, then ideally you'd need to have vagcom aka vcds to do this, so better to purchase it, but if its a one time use then ask another member.