EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Unhappy AUDI S3 HELP!!!!

Hi i have an Audi s3 52 plate negoro blue (63000 miles done) which i brought 2 years. I was involved in a accident about a month ago and the the insurance company wants to write off my car because the part are too expensive (around about Ł3000) and they have offered me Ł4400 for the car, for its market value. I have also checked around (eBay, piston heads etc) where they have Audi s3's on sale from Ł7500 to Ł9000 in the same catory to my car (e.g make, mileage etc) . My insurance also have told that it will cost me Ł1100 to buy the car back from them which I'm unsure about.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that i want to buy back my car back and get the damages fixed myself.

damages to my car are :

front bumper
    front left Tyre
    front left headlight + fog light
    suspension
    + paint (rare color) and labor

Any help on what i can do!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Buy all the parts second hand from breakers and get your local body shop to carry out the repair. What category is the car Cat C or Cat D?? Remember the resale value of a damaged repaired car is always alot less. Cat D normally sell for Ł1000 less than book price and Cat C usually 30 - 40% less than book price IIRC.

Cheers Davie

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks for the reply davie, i think it's cat C, I'm going tomorrow to the garage to check the damage report to the car.