Long life oil.

Quietlife

Reaction score
I've just picked up my A3 2.0d 140 BE and it's on the long life service interval. Obviously want to keep an eye on the levels and top up where necessary. I'd like some recommendations as to what the best oil to buy is.

757965580_Y56b8-L.jpg

The recommended oil is the Castrol SLX Professional LLIII Powerflow 5W-30. Why don't you just get that? Otherwise, get whatever you like, so long as it meets the required 504.00/507.00 specification.

Also my Audi dealer is willing to top up oil in between services free of charge if the car needs it. Might be worth asking your dealer too.

I know I could just get it from a dealer, but I was wondering if there were any other alternatives. Thanks anyway.

@ryanstewart9

My understanding is the EDGE range is the consumer version and therefore SLX stuff is harder to find in retail outlets. At least that's the case here in Australia. Haven't looked too much into it to try and establish what the actual differences are, apart from price. The SLX gear is almost three times the cost of EDGE products, haha.

When you get it serviced ask for a top up bottle. My Audi dealer always puts a spare 1,Ltr bottle in the boot anyway.

Edge is the retail equivalent of SLX.

SLX is sold to the garages and Edge to the end user.

There is an Edge product for each SLX product, if you need help, give us a shout as we can clarify.

Cheers
Guy