Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications

Thread: Long life oil.

Neutral

Status

Long life oil.

I've just picked up my A3 2.0d 140 BE and it's on the long life service interval. Obviously want to keep an eye on the levels and top up where necessary. I'd like some recommendations as to what the best oil to buy is.

2. # ADS
    ADS

AUSmotive.com

Status

The recommended oil is the Castrol SLX Professional LLIII Powerflow 5W-30. Why don't you just get that? Otherwise, get whatever you like, so long as it meets the required 504.00/507.00 specification.

Also my Audi dealer is willing to top up oil in between services free of charge if the car needs it. Might be worth asking your dealer too.
    AUSmotive.com // AUSringers.com

AUDI: MY10 S3 (8P3) / Nav+AMI / Sunroof / Blackout Grille / RS6 FBMFSW / PSS10s / Milltek TBE / APR HPFP / APR Stage 2+ tune

Neutral

Status
    I know I could just get it from a dealer, but I was wondering if there were any other alternatives. Thanks anyway.

2nd Gear

Status
    You could try the bay?

Although I think Castrol have recently changed they're SLX range to the EDGE range....

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/secti...tentId=7027192
    "If you ain't first, you're last!" - Ricky Bobby

2008 A3 S-line 2.0 TDI PD140 (Pre-facelift)

2nd Gear

Status
    You can use any one of these VW507.00 approved oils here http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-754-vw-50700-oil.aspx

And you get Audi-Sport discount.

Cheers

Guy
    Use the code AUDIS and get 10% Club Discountoilman's website for VAG engine oil and much more - register for news and offersemail: sales@opieoils.co.ukphone: 01209 202944

AUSmotive.com

Status
    @ryanstewart9

My understanding is the EDGE range is the consumer version and therefore SLX stuff is harder to find in retail outlets. At least that's the case here in Australia. Haven't looked too much into it to try and establish what the actual differences are, apart from price. The SLX gear is almost three times the cost of EDGE products, haha.
    AUSmotive.com // AUSringers.com

AUDI: MY10 S3 (8P3) / Nav+AMI / Sunroof / Blackout Grille / RS6 FBMFSW / PSS10s / Milltek TBE / APR HPFP / APR Stage 2+ tune

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    When you get it serviced ask for a top up bottle. My Audi dealer always puts a spare 1,Ltr bottle in the boot anyway.

2nd Gear

Status
    Edge is the retail equivalent of SLX.

SLX is sold to the garages and Edge to the end user.

There is an Edge product for each SLX product, if you need help, give us a shout as we can clarify.

Cheers
    Guy
    Use the code AUDIS and get 10% Club Discountoilman's website for VAG engine oil and much more - register for news and offersemail: sales@opieoils.co.ukphone: 01209 202944