Thoughts on this S3...

jb0o

Reaction score
Website
jonathan-butler.co.uk
I've been looking at S3's for the past few weeks, insurance renews next month and I'll finally be able to afford to run one.

Went to view this one yesterday and went for a test drive and it was great.. really impressed with the pulling power and cruising ability.

http://usedcars.audi.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=600836506

We talked figures and he said he could only give me £5k p/x for my A3, which I'm pretty sure I could maybe get more selling privately. There was no discount on the car for the p/x either.

My only real issue was the mileage, although 36k miles isn't a lot, it does seem a lot for a £20k car.

Is it a good price, or would you battle a bit of discount?

Thanks,

It seems a bit pricy for the millage!! Compare these to it:-

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1405236.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1436500.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1355791.htm

Def sell yours privatly price it right and it will sell no problems at present, also allows you to haggle with the dealer more as they are not having to give you more for your px and you can haggle the price of the S3 down.

Look about there are a lot of S3's that sort of spec arround with far less miles for similar money, be prepared to travel to get the best deal though!

Good luck

Def sell yours privatly price it right and it will sell no problems at present, also allows you to haggle with the dealer more as they are not having to give you more for your px and you can haggle the price of the S3 down.
............be prepared to travel to get the best deal though!

Good luck

Agree with all of this.

Sell private.
Find the right car.
Be prepared to travel.

Remember that these dealers have to make a profit.
And that comes out of your pocket!
Happy shopping

Paul

Thanks guys,

I will most likely sell privately, like I said my insurance renews next month so I've got at least a month spare.

I think that I would like to, if possible, buy from Audi direct, just so I can take advantage of the after sales and warranty etc.

The price is too close to new price for a car that is 3 years old in march with 36k, due MOT etc.

Audi Approved cars are always more expensive than other cars on the market, they always manage to sell them though with being the main dealer and some people like the reassurance buying from an Audi dealer.

I was looking for S3's everyday on pistonheads and autotrader for munths and munths. The right car eventually came up in manchester and I'm from the north of scotland. Took me and my brother 7 hours to drive down and the car turned out to be a wreck (after the salesman at his own private garage told me it was mint), Be aware of buying a car from quite far away from where you stay.

That's too pricey and missing the flat bottom steering wheel. I agree with Y444GAR, it's almost 3 years old and only lost 8-9k? Much better cars out there. Like others have said travel around (it's part of the fun) and negotiate hard.

(it's part of the fun) and negotiate hard.

Enjoy being stuborn back to the dealer your at the end of the day are the one with the wonga in your pocket, play the dealers off each other and keep doing it till one breaks they will they always do as they need the sale!! Also timing go in towards the end of the month where they are trying to make the sale to hit commision targets you are more likely to back them into a corner and get them to agree a good price.

Good luck!

Yes ,the feeling of getting a good deal is very self satisfying when it happens...... and now is the time to be honest....... winter blues, most people skint after festivities , and also the VAT rise back to 17.5%. They need a sale so push them to the limit while you can

Yes ,the feeling of getting a good deal is very self satisfying when it happens...... and now is the time to be honest....... winter blues, most people skint after festivities , and also the VAT rise back to 17.5%. They need a sale so push them to the limit while you can

Very true.

I will be selling my 57 Ibis white S3 very soon due to new baby, Email me for details if you interested.

Paul