Chrome fo rings from a A3 2010 s-line to a non s-line

lundoz

Reaction score
Hi!

I need to now where I can get a chrome fogtrim to my a3 2010 non s-line. Do I need to buy the hole foglight from an S-line and transfer the chrome rings over to my non s-line?

I think it would fitt perfectly but does anyone have any idea?

The front looks so much more nicer with a chrome grill and chrome foglight rings.

Purhaps I can glue the rings from an A5 og A4?:laugh:

Id also like to know if i can put the chrome foglight rings on my s-line black edition... its the only bit of chrome i miss.

I'm hoping to find someone who just sells the chrome rings, so that they can be retrofitted. I'm sure I stumbled across someone on Ebay who was selling these a few months ago, but can't find them anymore.

Looks so great with the chrome rings but when you dont got a s-line your ******..hehe

The S-Line comes with chrome rings around the fog lights but on the black edition they car black rings of just plain plastic. My question is if you can swap them on the S-Line?

untitled-1.jpg

No you can not just buy the rings , you need the whole grill , £33.50 each audi parts. Pull of old ones and push on new.

I do agree with the chrome though.

I had a S3 with black styling pack and i thought the front looked a bit cheap on the grill area.

I have just done it again on the front of my Q5 , ( had black styling pack ) , again had to buy the whole grills !

You can change just the rings on the A4

33 quid!

oh my... ill stick with black.

I was assuming the rings would just pop out as it looks like they will, but im not changing the whole lot. Its a real shame as a little bit of chrome would have evened up the front without looking like a disco ball!

The black rings will come of , apart from one of the clips is glued on , they are not meant to come off as i found out when i tried to take One off and broke the last glued clip, then had to buy a whole new grill !

Damn you Audi... I was probably intentional on their part! "LEts fool people into thinking they can replace just the rings and they watch the money roll in for replacement grills! Haha!

Cheers cryptic!

Quick Photoshop of what i was after! What a shame, just not worth £66... maybe one day...Also stuck the S-Line grill badge on there as i reckon the Black Edition could do with it!

untitled1.jpg

You can request the chrome rings when ordering.

Yes i agree it looks loads better.

No you can not just buy the rings , you need the whole grill , £33.50 each audi parts. Pull of old ones and push on new.

I do agree with the chrome though.

I had a S3 with black styling pack and i thought the front looked a bit cheap on the grill area.

I have just done it again on the front of my Q5 , ( had black styling pack ) , again had to buy the whole grills !

You can change just the rings on the A4

Do you have the part number for the grills with the crome rings? I assume thay are the same for both the 3dr and the Sportback??

Damn you Audi... I was probably intentional on their part! "LEts fool people into thinking they can replace just the rings and they watch the money roll in for replacement grills! Haha!

Cheers cryptic!

I'm guessing the market for replacement rings is not all that large. It's easier to supply as a bonded complete unit, as most replacements will be sold due to crash damage, etc. Audi will no doubt buy in as a complete unit.

And for those people distressed by a lack of chrome on their lower front grills, £66 seems a small price to pay so they can sleep at night knowing their car is that little bit chromier.

Where's China when we need them most? Surely someone out there can make these chrome rings for a few pence, and flog them on Ebay for a few pounds???

Where's China when we need them most? Surely someone out there can make these chrome rings for a few pence, and flog them on Ebay for a few pounds???

Not a problem, but they'd need to be injection moulded, so initial tooling cost won't be cheap. I'm pretty sure the market for them doesn't justify that.

Sorry no part numbers lost the invoice , any audi parts department can sort it out i am sure , ( then again they are rather useless ) !

I am quite sure that the facelift ones do not fit the pre facelift front end.

In fact i am positive as i was at Matt Andrews when i had just collected my MY59 S3 sportback and we (well Matt actually ) ripped one of and tried it on his and it did not fit.

£66.00 is not a great amount IMO to enhance the front end , adds a bit a class back , compared to the cost of some other mods.

Ok, so I just have to buy the s-line grill for my non s-line and transfer the rings.......crap!!

Ok, so I just have to buy the s-line grill for my non s-line and transfer the rings.......crap!!

Hey Lundoz, as a result of highjacking your thread ive fround out that to get chrome rings (which are exclusive the the S-Line) you need to buy the whole grill that the Foglight sits in. For you to do this i would then assume you would require the S-Line front bumper as well due to aperture that this grill sits in being a completely different shape. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but thats an expensive doo jsut for OEM chrome foglight surrounds!

crypric23 said:
£66.00 is not a great amount IMO to enhance the front end , adds a bit a class back , compared to the cost of some other mods.

You know what, i completely agree! To be honest though, i just couldnt be ***** to change the full grill as i bet it involves dropping the front bumper. Maybe if i do a grill mod ill do the rings...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/member.php?40219-crypric23

Hi!

I have just talked to my lokal dealer and I could just buy the fog grills with the chrome rings on. I then have to "bend7remove" of the rings and glue it on to my non s-line grill with black sixa or black glue.

They said that they don't know if its a perfect match but thats the only way if you're not going to changes the hole front into the S-line.

Think I need to go to my dealer with a screwdriver and steal the rings off an s-line....hehe :busted_cop:

Last edited: