Collect new S3 SB Sat - how do I prep Ipod for connectivity?

jimbo_50001

Reaction score
I'm collecting my new S3 Sportback on Saturday and in preparation for the ultimate journey home I want to ensure my ipod is ready to plug into the car and play!
I've read that the car treats the ipod as a 6CD player and i need to setup 6 playlists accordingly. Do i have to name the playlists as CD1, CD2 etc? Or do anything else specific?
Many Thanks
J

I've been wondering about doing exactly the same thing, ready for my collection on Thursday!!

I think you can name the playlists as you wish, as long as there is no more than 6...

Did you spec AMI? if So I think and have yet to test mine but its much better and all the track names are displayed etc.

David

On a new RNS-E you shouldn't need to do anything as it reads the album and artist data and categorises it all automatically as it is on your ipod. For older RNS-Es or other headunits you need to create playlists of up to 99 tracks but I have no idea how this is done!

Well i've got the standard Concert affair, didn't spec the AMI, was going to retrofit at some point....and looking on Youtube at how the iPod intergration actually functions (or doesn't!) on the Concert I think upgrading may be a "sooner rather than later" thing!!

Congrats on the new car!! :)

To prep your Ipod, you nee to make 5 playlists on it. Named 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 ,5 - the 6th one will automatically full random songs from the ipod.
These should show up as the first 5 playlists on the Ipod.

Simple as that :)

the 6th one will automatically full random songs from the ipod.
These should show up as the first 5 playlists on the Ipod.
As above, but NOT 'random' unless you have the 'shuffle' turned on.

Playlist 6 is the full list of tunes loaded in, in the list sequence, unless you enable 'shuffle'.

Playlists can also be over 99 tunes long, but on older (non-AMI) RNS-E's, the first digit isn't displayed. (for example, track number 237 in a playlist will just display as 'track 37'.

Keith

As above, but NOT 'random' unless you have the 'shuffle' turned on.

Playlist 6 is the full list of tunes loaded in, in the list sequence, unless you enable 'shuffle'.

Playlists can also be over 99 tunes long, but on older (non-AMI) RNS-E's, the first digit isn't displayed. (for example, track number 237 in a playlist will just display as 'track 37'.

Keith

This man speaks the truth.

Thanks Keepittidy / vwadict - bang on.

As is the ipod with Bose !