Retrofitting TTRS steering to S3?

Rabbit222

Reaction score
Website
www.vwclub.co.za
Hi guys,

Has anyone done this yet? If so could you please provide me with part number for the steering wheel as well as instructions for install?

TIA

Nobody has done a TT-RS one Shaun, but a few of us, including me have done RS6, the TT-RS is perforated all the way round? Looks abit NAFF imo...

Nathan you boknaai! Pics or it didn't happen dude :nyah: Had a look at a TT RS the other day and the steering wheel looked hot but if the RS6 one looks better who am I to complain? Pics, details of install and most importantly part numbers please.

I did a thread on it Shaun, you just don't come on here that much anymore man!

DSC06536800x600.jpg

DSC06535800x600.jpg

I'll dig the part number out later lad.

Thanks Nathan! Yeah its been a while dude...received a PM from Keith and realized damn I havn't been here in forever lol! If you don't mind me asking because I can't really see the diff in the pics....what is the diff between the S3 and RS6 steering? Just the perforated bit? or is it more chunkier?

woooo hooooo
now we're talking!!!
you've asked all the questions shaun, whats the chances of sending two over nate :whistle2:

Just remove the paddles, & sell them for £££ I paid £400 for mine shaun.

didn't realise you could remove the paddles, are there ay coding issues with using a dsg on a manual?

Nathan, whats the deal china??? Can you post up the part number so that I can do a comparative price this side? If its too expensive we might as well get them from you old man.....Can the RS6 badging be removed?

shaun- so you keeping the s now...? :) any specific reason why the std flat bottom s3 steering wheel is not good enough...? I'd prefer if it had a bit of extra "beef" to it but otherwise I cannot really fault it- well let us know the price...:happy:

shaun- so you keeping the s now...? :) any specific reason why the std flat bottom s3 steering wheel is not good enough...? I'd prefer if it had a bit of extra "beef" to it but otherwise I cannot really fault it- well let us know the price...:happy:

i don't know about shaun, but on my side i feel my old gti had much more of a chunkier feel on the steering.
it add's that extra sprty feel:racer:

Car is still pretty much for sale Johan...problem is there are just way too many bullshitters out there. After checking the TT RS out last week, the only bit in the interior that grabbed my attention was the steering wheel because it is seriously chunky! If in the event I don't sell this may very well be my next mod....

Car is still pretty much for sale Johan...problem is there are just way too many bullshitters out there. After checking the TT RS out last week, the only bit in the interior that grabbed my attention was the steering wheel because it is seriously chunky! If in the event I don't sell this may very well be my next mod....

@dbndude- agree with you 'bout the chunkier feel so the s3's is a little slim in comparison... can be a cool mod if the price is ok-

cool bean's shaun- yep unfortunately so as our cars are quite pricey you'll need a serious buyer for sure... from past experience (sold all my previous cabs privately) I guess your price point is vital when you do find "an approved" buyer- you'll have to be negotiable...as they're far and in between...
Steering wheel will def be a cool addition to your already uber hot ride... let me know pricing if you have an idea...:cool:

Last edited:

@dbndude- agree with you 'bout the chunkier feel so the s3's is a little slim in comparison... can be a cool mod if the price is ok-

cool bean's shaun- yep unfortunately so as our cars are quite pricey you'll need a serious buyer for sure... from past experience (sold all my previous cabs privately) I guess your price point is quite vital when you do find "an approved" buyer- you'll have to be negotiable...as they're far and in between...
Steering wheel will def be a cool addition to your already uber hot ride... let me know pricing if you have an idea...:cool:

Indeed dude...I have negotiated a better deal now the ball is in the okes court. If by Friday nothing happens...i will consider my options.

As soon as I have pricing I will drop you and Neelesh a mail.

TT-RS (no paddles and perforatted all the way around the wheel)
8J0 419 091 N SZE
£533.80 inc vat retail Just the wheel uses existing air bag from flatbottom wheel

RS6 (perforatted at sides and plain leather top and bottom, has dsg paddles which can be removed and sold but leave gaps at back which are not really noticable)
4F0 419 091 CB TNA
£440.47 inc vat retail Just the wheel uses existing air bag from flatbottom wheel

RS6 (perforatted at sides and plain leather top and bottom, has dsg paddles which can be removed and sold but leave gaps at back which are not really noticable)
4F0 419 091 CB TNA
£440.47 inc vat retail Just the wheel uses existing air bag from flatbottom wheel

Seems a good price, not much more than I paid for my regular Latvian (or was it Bulgarian?) FBMFSW on the Bay.

Seems a good price, not much more than I paid for my regular Latvian (or was it Bulgarian?) FBMFSW on the Bay.

Its not a bad price, seeing as you'd have the old FBSW to sell along with 2 brand new chrome DSG paddles which cost £250 from Audi! So you'd get an RS6 wheel for very little!

Matt Andrew = in there with N8 :rockwoot:

Matt's a great help, and an asset to this forum pete!

Its not a bad price, seeing as you'd have the old FBSW to sell along with 2 brand new chrome DSG paddles which cost £250 from Audi! So you'd get an RS6 wheel for very little!

I agree - but happy enough with mine, and I'm not a steering wheel whore, so will stick with what I've got. At that price from Audi, who needs stolen ones from eBay anymore?

Matt's a great help, and an asset to this forum pete!

Not disagreeing. And it's good to see you're not afraid to share your manlove for him :)

I agree - but happy enough with mine, and I'm not a steering wheel whore, so will stick with what I've got. At that price from Audi, who needs stolen ones from eBay anymore?

Fair enough Pete, you seem happy with your car and the mods, you've done, thats what its about, enjoying it! Few more things with mine, and I'm 100% happy with it! I'll start spending money on the girlfriend again :undwech:

Not disagreeing. And it's good to see you're not afraid to share your manlove for him :)

I love you as well :wub::undwech:

Fair enough Pete, you seem happy with your car and the mods, you've done, thats what its about, enjoying it! Few more things with mine, and I'm 100% happy with it! I'll start spending money on the girlfriend again :undwech:

I love you as well :wub::undwech:

Not really, quite bored with my car in fact! And unsure with the black car / black wheel combo. I never wanted a black A3, and wish I'd held out for a different colour. But it's a reasonably quick way to get around, and when it's clean it looks ok. I've never really bonded with it though, and will be pleased when I've got the cash together to change it for something that does do it for me!

Tart.

I think your car looks nice man, what do you fancy next?

Dunno, going to stick with this for the next while, until I've got a fair bit more cash to spend.

I prefer bigger cars, but loads of thoughts going through my head - Touraeg V10 TDI, A6 3.0 TDI... and then maybe something fun and RWD for weekends. If I want something to tick both boxes, an M3 would probably be top of my list.

What I really want is a white R8, but think that's a couple of years off, as need to do more saving, and move house, as my garage doors aren't wide enough to fit one - I've measured hehe.

Dunno, going to stick with this for the next while, until I've got a fair bit more cash to spend.

I prefer bigger cars, but loads of thoughts going through my head - Touraeg V10 TDI, A6 3.0 TDI... and then maybe something fun and RWD for weekends. If I want something to tick both boxes, an M3 would probably be top of my list.

What I really want is a white R8, but think that's a couple of years off, as need to do more saving, and move house, as my garage doors aren't wide enough to fit one - I've measured hehe.

Sounds like a plan, same here White R8 for me too.

managed to get a price on postage yet nate?
mail me dammit! :salute:

Mailing you now.