Retrofitting TTRS steering to S3?

Nope, its not mate as there is no B8 RS4 & thats not a B7 RS4 wheel, someone has purely badged it as RS4

Nope, its not mate as there is no B8 RS4 & thats not a B7 RS4 wheel, someone has purely badged it as RS4
Agreed, you can badge the wheels with any model type,
I really gotta get myself one of the chunky rs fbmfsw with NO badge on it :) and new style airbag cover :) ;) :)

Last edited:
I went ahead and ordered the "RS6" steering wheel from Europrice. It arrived on Friday and today was as good a day as any to attempt a DIY install. Pretty straightforward it was too.

IMG9621-L.jpg

IMG9620-L.jpg

I started by watching the video below and reading these instructions...

The only real snag was removing the airbag plug. I found it quite hard to slide back the release clip (see URL above). I made a DIY removal tool from an old coat hanger and then it was plain sailing.

As per the instructions I disconnected the battery. Once the wheel was back on I reconnected the battery and the DIS was speaking to me in German. It also beeped with an ESP error message. My ESP and airbag warning lights were also lit up on the dash. I got everything back into English and started the car a few times, still the ESP warning lights were active.

I then went for a short drive and the ESP and airbag lights went off after a few hundred metres of driving. Prior to them going off I tried to manually switch the ESP/ASR off but nothing would happen while the warning lights were active. Once they went out though I could manually switch off ESP/ASR as normal.

I stopped after a kilometre or so and turned the car off, removed the key and started up again. All perfect.

IMG1355-L.jpg

IMG1357-L.jpg

(It's the orange release clip at top of frame that I had trouble with. It's a simple procedure, I just found it hard to get a decent grip with my hands. However, with my DIY removal tool, shown below, it was quite straightforward to pull the clip towards me and then the rest of the plug followed. Easy when you know how!)

IMG1358-L.jpg

IMG1360-L.jpg

(That's the new s/wheel with its shower cap on! Back of airbag unit/horn boss top right and DIY removal tool in lower right of frame.)

IMG1361-L.jpg

IMG1363-L.jpg

IMG1364-L.jpg

IMG1365-L.jpg

IMG1366-L.jpg

IMG1367-L.jpg

IMG1368-L.jpg

(No more warning lights!)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great post, Lima. Steering wheel is pretty far down my list though, but looks spot on!

anyone know if you can get the RS6 wheel with black or preferably red stitching? my gear gaitor has red stitching on the black leather so would be nice to match! (i know petty)

Sorry to bring up a slightly old thread guys,
but I have a same shape steering wheel with all the buttons etc.
however mine says ttrs on the badge where someone has retrofitted it.
Would it be possible to change the badge to a S3 one? I need a part number from Audi I guess?

let me know
thanks guys