Engine Cover help with pic

Reaction score
Hi all!
Washed my car sunday while i was there checked Oil/water ect.
Opened Bonnet to find the engine cover half on half off. Cant see any Bolts to hold it down just seams to fit into little rubbers that do ****** all.
My old a3 had one bolt on top left of the cover to keep it there.
Anyone else have this problems or have i got so think missing?
17012010085.jpg

I think it's held on by rubber grommit thingies. Warm the engine as they can be pigs to get off, you might find some of the rubbers have popped off. Best to take it off and check. Only pull close to the grommits or you can crack the cover.

Going to have a other look at the weekend. Im sure ive got all the rubber grommits there, just seams to lay on top of the engine nothing holding it down. Maybe gommits split open.

It is held in place just by some rubber grommits really. I just took mine off over the weekend to replace the air filter and I found this guide on here very useful:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?59129-2-0-tfsi-how-to-remove-the-air-filter

However, I did manage to crack the cover pulling in the middle where the red cross is located on the diagram. Your's is already off so you wont have that problem but for anyone else wanting to remove their engine cover I'd recommed pulling at the corners nearer to where the grommits/luggs are located.

Hope this helps anyway.