Dead Pedal/Footrest group buy?

Yeah I like the look of it. But as kkp0897 says, will be tough doing a group buy! :)

Although he will probably just machine more I imagine.

Correct, they are all custom made, the qty of 6 is just for ebay purposes! :cool:

Same here N8...That's what I thought. Too cheap for pukka machined stuff... Could be an inferior metal with ionized plating which could fade but I could be (most likely am) grossly wrong

I would like an alu dead pedal, but I want an Audi/VW one that's meant to fit as a direct replacement for the rubber one that's already there.

Chris

Is there not a retro fit for this? Im sure someone has fitted one from another VAG model. The one on ebay has to be screwed on to secrure it, I dont fancy that.

Davie

Same here N8...That's what I thought. Too cheap for pukka machined stuff... Could be an inferior metal with ionized plating which could fade but I could be (most likely am) grossly wrong

The metal is clearly quite thin. On this size of item, the material won't be that expensive, so no reason to think it's cheap metal.

How it looks when fitted is a different matter - not sure how a thin piece of metal can be considered a dead pedal though?

if this is the gulfstream one (rich)its really good , tried to post pic of mine but pics never work on here for me !!!!

this is mine .......
pictures027.jpg

Looks like laser cut stainless which would mean thickness of plate could be adjusted,
I used to work for a company who used these machines,
but sadly no more

Gingers3 where did you get yours?

Do those on ebay at the start of this thread require drilling holes or are there screws there already? Sorry couldnt be bothered to go out in the rain to check. :rolleyes:

You could if need be sikaflex it in place if they were to supply without any drilled holes, I know of that guy from asn aswell, remember him asking about interest if he got them made up, they look fairly robust tbh.

Gingers3 where did you get yours?

Do those on ebay at the start of this thread require drilling holes or are there screws there already? Sorry couldnt be bothered to go out in the rain to check. :rolleyes:
the ebay link is the guy i got mine from but i know him from golf gti forum , he will do them with or without holes in

I wouldn't mind getting one of those as long as it doesn't mean drilling holes!