New to modding

audibhoy

pedal 2the metal!
Reaction score
hey guys,

im relativly new to this web site and deffo new to the modding game...so much so that i have a plain old A3 2.0 TDI Se. in yellow i might add.

was just wondering whats the first steps on modding a vhicle to make it look better and maybe more importantly make it quicker and a better ride

cheers in advance

wants some mods hope you got loads of cash, lol
18" rims then you would need to lower it with some decent springs & dampers like Eibachs & Bilstiens i think the B8 Bilstiens are suitable for your car. give DPM performance (site sponsor) a PM or call for prices
dont got for cheapo stuff it may lower your car however the ride quality will suffer.

Generally lowering a vehicle will improve the handling, but won't do the ride any favours. When you say "better ride", it's worth knowing exactly what you are expecting, otherwise you may be disappointed after spending some cash.

I disagree with Ras though - cheap doesn't necessarily mean bad ride - I've got fairly cheap coilovers on my A3 but the ride is great - much better than the H&R's I had on a previous car at over twice the price! Some of the high end suspension is designed more for track work, so has a pretty uncompromising ride.

depends if audibhoy wants a firmer ride then coilovers they way to go, however i prefer the less crashy ride just firmer OE sport ride whats your budget?