Hi Guys!! Newbie!!

R-ford A3

Reaction score
Hi Guys, thought I'd join up as I am currently in the market for a Audi A3 1.9L / 2.0L TDI Sportback. I currently have a 1.4L MG ZR which has suffered HGF will miss it so much but I know i will love my Audi much more. Any advice as to which one to get?? Is the 1.9L better fuel economy even tho it has 1 less gear??

Welcome, personally the 2.0 tdi is much better. It offers a lot more gains for less downfalls.

Thanks mate, I test drove a 1.9 TDI on wednesday, is the 2.0 TDI noticably quicker? I just want something that the chavs will pull along side in their corsa's and saxo's thinking "grandad car" (thats why i want a sportback (no offence sportback drivers)) then to just show them up at the lights.

welcome mate!

i agree with Bash totally, i own a 2.0 TDI sport and its fan-******-tastic. i ave also driven a 1.9 and it has NO comparrison!!!

or you could go for the 3.2 quattro, which is hopefully my next move! dont know what the missus will say though! haha

2.0L it is then!! Thanks for the advice guys, I'm sure I'll get much more in the future.

Thanks mate, I test drove a 1.9 TDI on wednesday, is the 2.0 TDI noticably quicker? I just want something that the chavs will pull along side in their corsa's and saxo's thinking "grandad car" (thats why i want a sportback (no offence sportback drivers)) then to just show them up at the lights.

well if u wanna be the best at the lights i would recomend a stage1/2/3 remap for all the thrills of the funfair!!!

enjpoy the new motor!

The 2.0 PD engine is better then the 1.9 PD. Best engine to get if you want no problems really is the PD140 as it doesn`t have a DPF to screw up on you.