Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Hi Guys!! Newbie!!

Hi Guys, thought I'd join up as I am currently in the market for a Audi A3 1.9L / 2.0L TDI Sportback. I currently have a 1.4L MG ZR which has suffered HGF will miss it so much but I know i will love my Audi much more. Any advice as to which one to get?? Is the 1.9L better fuel economy even tho it has 1 less gear??

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Welcome, personally the 2.0 tdi is much better. It offers a lot more gains for less downfalls.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks mate, I test drove a 1.9 TDI on wednesday, is the 2.0 TDI noticably quicker? I just want something that the chavs will pull along side in their corsa's and saxo's thinking "grandad car" (thats why i want a sportback (no offence sportback drivers)) then to just show them up at the lights.

pedal 2the metal!

Status
    welcome mate!

i agree with Bash totally, i own a 2.0 TDI sport and its fan-bloody-tastic. i ave also driven a 1.9 and it has NO comparrison!!!

or you could go for the 3.2 quattro, which is hopefully my next move! dont know what the missus will say though! haha
    'cars without speed are nothing'
    53 plate
    A3. 2.0 TDI Sport
    140 bhp
    yellow
    Wants some mods!
    Ideas where 2 start gr8ful

Reverse Gear

Status
    2.0L it is then!! Thanks for the advice guys, I'm sure I'll get much more in the future.

pedal 2the metal!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by R-ford A3 View Post
    Thanks mate, I test drove a 1.9 TDI on wednesday, is the 2.0 TDI noticably quicker? I just want something that the chavs will pull along side in their corsa's and saxo's thinking "grandad car" (thats why i want a sportback (no offence sportback drivers)) then to just show them up at the lights.
    well if u wanna be the best at the lights i would recomend a stage1/2/3 remap for all the thrills of the funfair!!!

enjpoy the new motor!
    'cars without speed are nothing'
    53 plate
    A3. 2.0 TDI Sport
    140 bhp
    yellow
    Wants some mods!
    Ideas where 2 start gr8ful

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    The 2.0 PD engine is better then the 1.9 PD. Best engine to get if you want no problems really is the PD140 as it doesn`t have a DPF to screw up on you.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.