What's the problem here when I cut engine off?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
My car used to cut off smoothly when i parked it up but latley its doing this...any ideas?

If i press the clutch pedal in and keep it there and switch engine off it cuts out smoothly.

ITS MY FIRST VIDEO POST,THINK IVE GONE WRONG SOMEWHERE.MY....APPOLOGIES.
CLICK ON THE ACTUAL PICTURE TO PLAY THE VIDEO

2.0 tdi 140 [video]http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab80/vw754/?action=view¤t=MOV00439-1.flv[/video]

Last edited:
seem that everyones a3/s3 is doing it. when you press down clutch and turn it off it goes off smoothly. and if you don't it sound like it's falling apart.

I always thought it was just the gears in the gearbox rattling as they come to a stop, this would explain why the noise goes away when you dip the clutch. Just an idea mind you.

Davie

This happens when you flywheel is in a bad shape or damadged. This use to be my problem, changed the flywheel and all OK!!!!!

thanks for all the replys,will it last a while or is this a warning,car drives ,idles, ok ive no other problems

The sooner you change it the better, so that your clutch doesnt hold any extra pressure/damage... and also you car should go a little better than.. :)

This happens when you flywheel is in a bad shape or damadged. This use to be my problem, changed the flywheel and all OK!!!!!

My car is booked in on the 25th January for the clutch to get replaced with my sachs perfromance one. I will find out what state my DMF is in then as it will be exposed, I would be surprised if my DMF was faulty as i have had this noise since i bought the car with less than 5000 miles. Maybe some flywheels are noiser than others but i wouldnt say that this noise means your flywheel needs replaced. If your flywheel was on the way out you would get vibration through the clutch pedal.

Davie

My car is booked in on the 25th January for the clutch to get replaced with my sachs perfromance one. I will find out what state my DMF is in then as it will be exposed, I would be surprised if my DMF was faulty as i have had this noise since i bought the car with less than 5000 miles. Maybe some flywheels are noiser than others but i wouldnt say that this noise means your flywheel needs replaced. If your flywheel was on the way out you would get vibration through the clutch pedal.

Davie
mine does it since day one.

mines been doing it a few months,il leave it be,il replace complete clutch kit flywheel and release bearing if it ever goes.

will be replacing it when it won't hold power anymore.