Much better

smudge_don

Reaction score
Don't really know why i'm making this, possibly boredom and happiness :)

Got my A3 back yesterday after having a few problems with brakes, vibration upon idle and DSG being a bit jerky

Not going to go into the story about the brakes, but a new flywheel has solved all my vibration and DSG problems :)

Car is ultra smooth upon idle, wouldn't even notice the engine was on, and acceleration is nice and smooooooooooth :)

Just thought i would share a success story with the forum for once :jump:

Tomorrow i'm getting my bluetooth kit for the RNSE fitted, rear 24mm whiteline ARB and hopefully front H&R 28mm ARB as well as auto dimming auto folding mirrors with some help from NHN - he's such a good lad :)

We're changing over the brakes aswell for safety reasons, while i'm in "talks" with Amersham Audi and possibly Audi UK about the state of the brakes when they sold the car to me

I'll post detailed pics of the **** condition the discs and pads are in, after only owning the car 3 weeks, i'm VERY suprised that they sold the car to my with the brakes on 85% and 90% wear and needing new discs :blink:

So ye :)

Fancy doing a how-to on the arbs?? inc. some pics.....

I might click the Thanks button if you do!

Good to know the car is nice and smooth now!
I got a DMF replacement due soon. It's vibrating when warm and idle, especially when I stop downhill.

Good to know the car is nice and smooth now!
I got a DMF replacement due soon. It's vibrating when warm and idle, especially when I stop downhill.

Makes such a difference, when i stop in traffic i can't feel a thing! :yahoo:

Just out of curiosity, how much was the flywheel to buy+fitting ?

quiet down!!!!

How about..........

NO%20at%20Heathrow.jpg

glad its all running smooth again for you looking forward to see the pics on changing the springs as that job is next on my list after the new clutch next week