Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi A3 USB Connection - Is It Simply "Plug n Play"?

On the Audi A3 (2010 2.0 TDI Sport) how does the USB connection work?

I'm hoping that I can just load up a USB stick with MP3 folders, plug it in, and it will display on the stereo screen or DIS - is that correct? has anyone encountered problems with it?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just about ... 6 "folders" accessed through the CD changer interface 1 through 6.

It does struggle when running high bit rate MP3s and can cut out really annoyingly, sometimes not seeing the USB stick at all (open glovebox ... unplug ... wait ... plug it in ... wait .. hit CD again to go through CD ... AUX ... USB

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyTDI View Post
    Just about ... 6 "folders" accessed through the CD changer interface 1 through 6.

It does struggle when running high bit rate MP3s and can cut out really annoyingly, sometimes not seeing the USB stick at all (open glovebox ... unplug ... wait ... plug it in ... wait .. hit CD again to go through CD ... AUX ... USB
    Thanks for the reply, from the looks of things I'm going to have to keep my CDs in the car as backup!

1st Gear

Status
    I've used the USB stick in my A3 for a year now. I wouldn't be without it now - occasionally it does cut out but for me that hasn't been very regular at all. A cracking option for me. I've used 320 bitrate MP3 tracks on mine.

My 4GB stick has worked well - others may have tried other larger sticks and could comment on whether they have worked.