Audi A3 USB Connection - Is It Simply "Plug n Play"?

mrviews

Reaction score
On the Audi A3 (2010 2.0 TDI Sport) how does the USB connection work?

I'm hoping that I can just load up a USB stick with MP3 folders, plug it in, and it will display on the stereo screen or DIS - is that correct? has anyone encountered problems with it?

Thanks

Just about ... 6 "folders" accessed through the CD changer interface 1 through 6.

It does struggle when running high bit rate MP3s and can cut out really annoyingly, sometimes not seeing the USB stick at all (open glovebox ... unplug ... wait ... plug it in ... wait .. hit CD again to go through CD ... AUX ... USB

Just about ... 6 "folders" accessed through the CD changer interface 1 through 6.

It does struggle when running high bit rate MP3s and can cut out really annoyingly, sometimes not seeing the USB stick at all (open glovebox ... unplug ... wait ... plug it in ... wait .. hit CD again to go through CD ... AUX ... USB

Thanks for the reply, from the looks of things I'm going to have to keep my CDs in the car as backup!

I've used the USB stick in my A3 for a year now. I wouldn't be without it now - occasionally it does cut out but for me that hasn't been very regular at all. A cracking option for me. I've used 320 bitrate MP3 tracks on mine.

My 4GB stick has worked well - others may have tried other larger sticks and could comment on whether they have worked.

Hi all where is the usb slot on s3 2009 I cannot find one anywhere thanks

Mine is a Sline but it was an optional extra. I think it was the same for the S3. It is within the glove box.

Reactions: Dave s3
Mine is a Sline but it was an optional extra. I think it was the same for the S3. It is within the glove box.
Thanks for your reply mine doesn't have a USB connector in there but a largish socket with plastic guides rattling around in there ?? Could one of these be for a USB adaptor lol

Here is how mine looks
WP_20150705_18_59_22_Pro.jpg

Brilliant yes that is different to mine
I will have to see if I can purchase one like yours and slot it in