Audi's "free MOT"

This is a fantatsic offer and one that I used and had a great experience with my S3 in Decmber last year. Booked in with Guildford Auid for a while you wait appointment on a Saturday. The car had its MOT, passed without issue and had a full valet all free of charge.

Last edited:
Yep, flew through, it was the first MOT though (like A4CAB) so it really should pass!

EDIT: Hi Paul, long time no speak!:sm4:

Might give it a go then.
Couple of the guys at work wer thinking " they are bound to find something", putting me of a bit.
I'll give the car a look over and send it in.

Might give it a go then.
Couple of the guys at work wer thinking " they are bound to find something", putting me of a bit.
I'll give the car a look over and send it in.

I was scepticle too but its a great offer.

Yep, flew through, it was the first MOT though (like A4CAB) so it really should pass!

EDIT: Hi Paul, long time no speak!:sm4:

Hi JohnS3

All good thanks, still enjoying the S3 only has 30k on the clock.

Be interested in your view on my Service Advice Please post, seems to good to be true once again from Audi.

Hope all is good with you

P

Me too, Swindon Audi. Topped it up with oil for free as well as the clean.

I did the offer at Cheshire Oaks Audi, they failed it on brake disks being worn... they were right tho. But they wanted to charge full price for a new MOT which i complained and said it should only be half price... which they agreed but ended up having the retest free as a friend that works there had a word for me..

So if it does fail and they say it's full price for retest (because your taking the car elsewhere) say that Audi Customer Care say it should be only half the full test fee... that's what they told me.

Remember to get the MOT done before the warranty runs out so you can pick up on minor things (3 years and under obviously)

Hi JohnS3

All good thanks, still enjoying the S3 only has 30k on the clock.

Be interested in your view on my Service Advice Please post, seems to good to be true once again from Audi.

Hope all is good with you

P

Still enjoying mine, 28K on the clock! will check your other thread....

Just registered for this for my 6 year old a4 cab, with all the new vosa regs if they fail it can i just take it to another garage for another full test or does the dvla log the fail and so only this garage can then issue the mot via the re-test? what I'm getting at here is the fact that the mot station i've used for 20 odd years will 'tip me off' if its nothing major and give it a pass but i imagine audi will be as strict as can be hoping to get the repair work for any failure so is it worth the potential hassle to save the 50 quid test fee at my usual place?

Yup my old A3 had it's MOT back in June and passed fine, and they got it all shiney and clean for me :)

My '04 plate A3 passed the free MOT test in July 2009 in Audi Docklands. No problems so it might be worth taking advantage of this offer.

no problems with mine on a 04 plate and cleaned and all the girls looked great working at crawley audi:eyebrows:

You can't go wrong really...

I took up the offer with my local (Bexley Audi), the car failed apparently for 'evidence of tyres rubbing on the arches' which ****** me off a bit.

But then at the end of the day, I didnt pay a penny, they gave it a nice clean, and I knew exactly what issues I would have and get them sorted before the retest. Happy days :)

Just had my "free mot" yesterday, my cv boot has cracked so was charged £190.. kind of figured they'd find something!

Just been back in the UK on leave, mine passed 3 weeks ago with an advisory for tyres so took it else where for new michelins which I am glad I did due to
all the snow I had to drive through whilst home!

Top tip! Dont leave your wipers on auto in a car park, I turned the ignition on and covered a couple walking past the car with about 4 inches of snow much to there disgust!
I did wait for them to get in there own car before falling about laughing :laugh:

I had mine done with Camberley Audi a few weeks back and it went straight through with no problems. I admit I was slightly sceptical before I put the car in but very happy with the result!

Mine's off to Cheshire Oaks on saturday for a free MOT, I did ask what the catch was, they assured me there wasn't one, we will see. Can't really see it can fail to be honest.

Mark

Took mine to Audi Guildford where they replaced all three wipers that were 3 weeks old and charged me £30.

Had my 3 year old S lin done back in July. No problems whatsoever.
With exception of the service advisor informing me that my tyres (WHICH HAD ONLY DONE 500 MILES) were half worn & would need replacing soon !
They will always look for business, that is the nature of the FREE mot. Its purely down to the individual who allows them to take, & who doesn`t.

I've had mine done at an independant last Sept, (Aire Valley Audi & VW Workshop) as last time it went to Audi it took them 4 days for a major service and then they "lost" my car!. Advised last time by Aire Valley that front bushes need doing so i'll get these done with a service in a couple of months. I think it's worth paying for the MOT when you get Honest adivce. Previously for an MOT at Audi I was told that my 3 year old 2.0 FSI needed a new exhaust because the bracket had a slight amount of rust. And the cambelt needed doing at 3yrs and 33k. Enough said...

Free MOT worked out fine for my 2004 A3 Sport. Wasn't best pleased with the £300 bill for 40k DSG oil change at the service though!!!

Well thank you Audi UK !!! Having sat in their lovely new showroom, reading their papers, uising their wifi and drinking their coffee they mot'd my 2003 a4 cab with only a couple of minor advises and they even washed it to boot!! And all for the princley sum of NOWT !!! They even did me a full service/recall check and gave me all the printouts as well :)

Got to admit, even though I was pretty confident it would pass I was very sceptical that they would go over it in minute detail and pick up the slightest thing to try and generate some business but they were fine :) My advice would be, if you know your car and are pretty confident that it is ok then what have you got to lose?

Had a reply from Audi today.

Not sure if I've missed something, but what was the reply in relation to? I can't see anything on the thread regarding you having a problem?

Incidentally my car went in for it's free MOT last week - no charge, an advisory on the rear tyres (which are barely legal) so very happy.