Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry to hear about what happened mate, as long as your ok thats ALL that matters. This is the main reason why we pay stupid insurance companies premiums in the first place. Especially in this weather it would of been dangerous to put a chase on, in dry conditions yeah over 10mph the doors lock up and your gone but loosing the chase is a bit of a tricky and your putting your own life at risk along with many other innocent drivers on the road at the time - verdict: not worth it!

hope they all rot in hell. pr!cks.
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport..many mods to follow...just too fussy when it comes to making decisions!

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    Reading these threads puts me off buying anything top end Audi/BMW?Merc. I dont fancy visiting Manchester much either!
    Same as, its a shame we work so hard to buy these things and little scum bags with no shame come and take them away.
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport..many mods to follow...just too fussy when it comes to making decisions!

Neutral

Status
    Mate this is terrible to hear. I know the where Burnage is as I live in Manchester so it's not too far from home.

Seems to be a lot of stolen cars in the North West and makes you wonder if its worth it. What concerns me even more is that my wife drives the car from time to time. I am extra wary of people following me home and my car is always locked in the garage. Never sits out so people don't think I have a S3.

Very sad mate and I hope everything gets sorted.
    Audi S3 Facelift | IBIS White | Revo Stg 2 | EVOMS | Milltek TBE | H&R | TD Pro Race 1.2

6th Gear

Status
    Terrible news and you must be really shook up wether insured or not this is a big thing to deal with, how scary is this ?!

I think I take it for granted living in a quiet area but after posting this I'm buying some gap insurance online and even considering a tracker, it's a lot of money to fork out and I'm not sure I'd want the car abck after some scum bag has had it but w all need to make it as difficult as possible.

I've now decided to boycott the bay and its prestige parts from now on as we are all just fueling this crime wave, it's back to badgering dealers for discounts and buying parts with receipts for me from now on.

B@stards, I'm gutted for you and I hope all works out for you.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

MR ANGRY
    My guessing is that this car will surface at some point. As it has been taken by violent people, you will probably find that it is purely for a purpose. Probably a robbery that is to happen in the near future.

Soon to be S3'd up.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140 View Post
    I've now decided to boycott the bay and its prestige parts from now on as we are all just fueling this crime wave, it's back to badgering dealers for discounts and buying parts with receipts for me from now on
    +1 - Can't be that many written off S3's out there. The parts have got to be coming from somewhere...
    Lotus Exige S - Gone :::::::::::::: RS4 Avant - Gone::::::::S3 Black Edition - Gone::::::::::TT RS::::::::::::

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItTidy View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss man. Luckily you're ok though!
    Here in SA they use guns so a locked door wont do much :/
    But you can have those flame throwers fitted under the doors, we need those in the UK too.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    Whenever I'm getting close to home I am always looking out for people behind me, I'm always ready to do a little detour to make sure too. I guess that's just what has to be done if you drive a nice car.
    I've been doing that for years Staz, shouldn't have to, but it's a sign of the times and a sad one at that.

1st Gear

Status
    Fliphin hecks, this is scary ****. you did the right theng mate, car can be replaced, however these scum need to be ccaugh and punished the proper way.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeap have to say I am like Staz, after living in South Africa for a year I have locked doors all the time & keep an eye on my surroundings as much as I can, sorry to hear, sucks big time.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Really sorry to hear this terrible story mate.
    If caught B***ards like this should be burnt alive in the spot.

We all work hard and cars are one of our passions and when a group of Scum bags like this role in it makes me feel physically sick.

I've resulted to leaving my keys half way up my stairs on a night - Sooner they took them then came close to me or my family.
    Glad your OK though Oli, take care pal.

W@*&ers !!!
    Phanton Black A4 2.0 TDI Multi, B&O, AMI, NAV, 19" wheels

Third Gear

Status
    Scumbags mate, glad your Ok.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    Whenever I'm getting close to home I am always looking out for people behind me, I'm always ready to do a little detour to make sure too. I guess that's just what has to be done if you drive a nice car.
    ..Same as you Staz..

Really sorry to hear of your story Oli. Really frigtening situation and respect you for finding the courage to share your dreadful experience. Glad you're ok.

KKP
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Thats been on sale way before this car was stolen so nothing to do with it imho.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Big Andy View Post
    Surely nobody would pay anything close to that price? I must confess I have quite a few S3 bits on my car but nowhere does it S3! Needs a bit more go for that level of show!
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Plus all interior is older stuff...

5th Gear

Status
    has the car been recovered yet?
    re the e-bay item, don't really that could be it, and why did that loser of an owner spend all that money on an S3 look-alike thats still slow as hell?!
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    Surely nobody would pay anything close to that price? I must confess I have quite a few S3 bits on my car but nowhere does it S3! Needs a bit more go for that level of show!
    For only 4k more you have have a real one!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-S3_W0QQit...item335856d0fb
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

S3 DCY

Status
    Hey sorry to hear about the s3 olly, about a month late but iv only just seen this.
    My GF's Brother has just bought a 07 plate RS4 on Thursday last week. On the Saturday night he was driving from his house in Cheadle to my gf house in Fallowfield/Rusholme and he noticed a blue R32 following him with 3 black guys in it. He diddnt notice at the time and pulled up at the shop down the road from my gf's house. He went in the shop and as he came back out, the R32 was parked behind and the 3 guys got out with balaclavas on and a cricket bat and demanded his car keys. He decided not to give them the keys and tried to fight them off, trying the prise his hand open for the keys while the other guy was hitting him with the bat. Somehow he managed to get away and run. The only thing they got was my gf's house keys that they managed to pull off the car keys in his hand. Hes pretty battered and bruised on his legs and arms but hes ok.
    Just makes you think though what the dirty little skanks are prepared to do just because they cant afford or work for something themselves !
    Just wondered if these are the same people that attacked you olly ? Iv heard theres a group going round manchester targeting Audi S and RS models and also BMW's .
    Its not good is it !

5th Gear

Status
    Just found this thread. What a f'd up country we live in. Really sorry to hear both of your stories. It must be so so hard to just hand over your keys to chav skanks like that. Really feel for you. Hope the police and insurance have been good to you.
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

Sepang Blue S3

Status
    Well I know some people say in comparison to how many S RS cars are out there, this is a small number. However this small number on here has now increased to a worrying amount going missing especially in the North / North West of UK. Especially Manc / Liverpool area. In the last 6 months I have had alot of unwanted attention, I know you buy the S cars etc for that wanted feel, and you get whats coming if so popular in terms of car crime. However you can only try and protect what is yours by doing the safest measures possibly whether it be padlocks round gates / garaged, posts on drives, CCTV IP, Blocking with another car, SHOTGUN :-), meat cleaver, UZI.

Just be careful people as we always thought it would never happen to us and it did and many others have seen this recently.

Dave
    2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

Strider

Status
    Why is it relevant that they were black guys?

Set of Genuine Titanium look RS4 style 18" wheels for sale-excellent condition. PM me!!

Bluefinned-all possible options apart from folding mirrors. Handling mods to come!!
    A3 2.0tdi 170 Quattro S-line. Bluefinned-GONE!!

Sepang Blue S3

Status
    Well I think you'll find also that it's more often than not, that it's not white people nicking cars.
    2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

5th Gear

Status
    Why can't the guy mention that they were black?

Or is this another case of "is it cos I black?"

1st Gear

Status
    This isn't a race forum, thats just taking the p*ss now, white people nick cars and so do black and brown. Why is it relevant what the thieves skin colour was? Why don't we start discussing their shoe size too?

5th Gear

Status
    All I'm trying to say is it woulnt offend me if any race came on here and said a White guy robbed my car.

They are scum whatever they are...

1st Gear

Status
    Ye i know what you mean, I don't get personally offended either and they are all scum!

Just that Olly's being asked if they were the same people after only being told their was 3 black dudes...

Strider

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS3Turbo View Post
    Well I think you'll find also that it's more often than not, that it's not white people nicking cars.
    That's the kind of broad sweeping generelisation that breeds streotypes and eventulally racism. Unless you have access to police crime data of course. A friend of mine being a copper says the gangs are actually from the Liverpool area and are white-irrelevant. I know that all the car crime I've been a victim of has been 'white guys'-but that's irrelevant too. Scumbags nick cars-fact. And they come in any colour-fact.
    And judging by your last comment, even halfwits own Audis.

Set of Genuine Titanium look RS4 style 18" wheels for sale-excellent condition. PM me!!

Bluefinned-all possible options apart from folding mirrors. Handling mods to come!!

Strider

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edition View Post
    All I'm trying to say is it woulnt offend me if any race came on here and said a White guy robbed my car.

They are scum whatever they are...
    I agree with yur point. Although Ino-one said they were offended. I simply asked what the relevance was that they were black. Surely they're just 3 guys-albeit scumbags. You wouldn't say '3 ginger lads jumped me' -

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    pr*ck

Quote Originally Posted by edition View Post
    Or is this another case of "is it cos I black?"
    and c*ck (surprisingly)

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    If this is some kinda race row lol ...then it is White's who do most car crime and I'm white but its the truth ..allot of whites burgle for the keys or car jack it is a mostly white crime ...i know an awful lot through the grapevine of people who do it for a living and burglary to is a white thing , but allot of the stolen cars go to Asian scrap yard's in Bolton , old ham all up that way ...

Just wanted to clear that up ....

6th Gear

Status
    I'm surprised anyone would take offence at the descriptive term 3 black guys being used in the thread, this would be a case of political correctness gone mad but the other comments about white people not nicking cars was one of the funniest things I have read.(in a sad way). Scum is scum regardless of race or creed and should be described as such. Its a scary world out there for sure.

Does anyone know how the original poster got on with insurance etc or if the car was recovered ?
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold

6th Gear

Status
    If the guys that did the attemped robbery were tall and fat would it be okay to describe them as so ?!?

Having said that if you watch any of the Police reality shows it's normally white trash doing the car thieving.

Lets get back on thread Guys.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    I'm surprised anyone would take offence at the descriptive term 3 black guys being used in the thread, this would be a case of poitical correctness gone mad but the other comments about white people not nicking cars was one of the funniest things I have read.(in a sad way).
    To be fair, when that poster mentioned it was "three black guys" he followed it up by asking the OP if they were the same guys who jacked him.
    So yeah, I can kinda see the relevancy in stating their colour. I guess it's probably the only other thing, apart from the car they were driving, which could easily describe them.

But some of the other posts that followed............ well, as I said....... total twattish comments.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    If the guys that did the attemped robbery were tall and fat would it be okay to describe them as so ?!?
    Ahem... 'overweight' if you don't mind!!
    You're weightist mate. Sort yourself out!

1st Gear

Status

Having said that if you watch any of the Police reality shows it's normally white trash doing the car thieving.

Lets get back on thread Guys.
    Class ! he he
    Phanton Black A4 2.0 TDI Multi, B&O, AMI, NAV, 19" wheels

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    pr*ck

and c*ck (surprisingly)

Hehe and that isn't Meant to be offensive?!?

And in respect to the guy who asked if we would say if it was 3 Ginger blokes.... Yes I would.

5th Gear

Status
    Dear oh dear. I can't quite believe I've just read that on a public forum.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

5th Gear

Status
    Why don't we leave the race row on this poor guys thread!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast