SB Roof Rails can they be fitted after..

Norky31

Reaction score
Hi all and Happy New Year. I am taking delivery of my Ibis SB next week and wanted to know if the roof rails are available and if so are they easy to get and fit as IMO the car looks nice with them?
It may be a question posted before so apologies if it has been discussed. Thanks Norky

think theres a set in classifieds mate yes they are you just remove part of the plastic railing and bolt em down i belive

think theres a set in classifieds mate yes they are you just remove part of the plastic railing and bolt em down i belive

Er no.

If you car does not have roof rails already then speak to Audi about the retro fit as the roof need's drilling to fit them, full roof lining out and balls of steal to drill the roof !
I know that it can and has been done many times , the ones in the classified where mine that i bought from Audi who where also going to fit them to my new S3 SB as it did not have them.( they are now sold now )
They retail for £430 for the parts alone, + fitting , well you can negotiate with your local Audi body shop , or go elsewhere if you are confident they can do it...
It's such a shame as they make a sportback a sportback if you know what i mean ! IMHO , and as an option they are £220 , top of the list on the options when specking an SB for me.Retro fit erm about £750 !

didntt realise most of the a4's i have seen have had the fixtures even though they dont have em, worth a lookie

Defo no fixtures on the A3 , just have a look on the roof , there are no holes there and they are bolted through the roof , they may be marked on the inside of the roof once the roof lining is out. But i doubt it as when vag parts was still trading you could buy a reto kit and it came with the templates showing where to drill the roof.

There is also a thread on here with some one who had the templates.