Retro fitting Bose

JamesS4cab

Reaction score
Collecting my new s/h S3 57 plate tomorrow and I know it doesnt have Bose fitted. I had Bose in the S4 cab and loved it. Question is - how hard is it to retro fit?

Any help or guides most appreciated!

It would be easier and probably cheaper to upgrade the speakers / sub and not go down the Bose route.

Pete - thanks for the response. I have managed to pick up a full Bose system inc amp and sub from an S3 on the cheap, so interested in the complexity of the fit!

I'd rather contract something unpleasant than consider retrofitting Bose.

With all the pin configurations and loom adaptations you are likely to have to do it will be complex, knuckle scraping and the car will probably rattle like a bag of nails after you've taken it apart and bust half of the clips.

I completely admire your intent, but personally I would have gone down the route of upgrading the OEM speakers you have. Can't you resell on the bay?

Not actually purchased yet - have got first call on the full set for £130 all in which i thought was too good to be true. At that price, I could afford to spend some money having it fitted.

But having said that, this then eats into the Revo budget.......

No competition then. I'd rather have a jar of angry buzzing wasps on the passenger seat for music and Revo, than Bose and no Revo!

Bose is...well OK I guess in the A/S3. Having come from full Alpine in previous car I find it a bit lacklustre and the Gala set up is hissy. Shame they don't do the Dynaudio set ups from the VW's as I think they sound better.

Warren - your spending more of my budget here!!

I didnt want to go down the full install route - been there - done that, Spent the serious cash!!

I'd rather contract something unpleasant than consider retrofitting Bose.

Yeah that kind of sums up my thoughts - £100 worth of aftermarket speakers and one of those funky sub boxes that fit in OE position would sound better than Bose and not involve taking the entire car to pieces!

£130 isn't that cheap for the parts, as there's no demand for them for retrofitting.

Pete if i got concert system. could i exchange my current sub for bose sub? as my current one is producing weird noises.