Sunroof & convenience close on MY10 models

Lima

AUSmotive.com
Reaction score
Website
www.ausmotive.com
So, I have an MY10 car and my user manual says I should be able to hold down the lock button on my remote and after a few seconds the windows and sunroof should close. "Convenience close" it's called and it works perfectly on our MY07 Golf GTI.

On the S3, though, the windows close no problems, but the sunroof doesn't budge an inch. I've asked my dealer to look into it and they reckon this was a feature dropped from MY10 production. Personally, I find this difficult to believe, but with just the one dealer in town and the next one being some 250km away I'm not exactly in a position to take it somewhere else.

This is where you guys can help me out. If there's other MY10 cars with convenience close working for their sunroof I will chase it up with the dealer again.

:icon_thumright:

TIA
Liam

I think that my sunroof (panoramic on a MY09 sportback if it matters) doesn't close with the remote, only the windows:think:

Surely you can just code it to close using VCDS? im sure i have seen the option to have the sunroof close last time i used it.

Davie

hi Lima. mine is MY09 (probably one of the last few my09's) and it works fine with no problems at all.

My dealer told me this is a known issue that Audi are working to fix. Nothing to date though.

Yes it can be done it is in control module in VCD , i was doing my windows once and noticed the sun roof option there ( i did not have a sunroof) , but the options was there... There are loads of extra features in VCD like a beep when you lock t/ unlock the car. VCD is a must have piece of kit.

Got mine from Nigel on here , fast delivery and good price !