Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    AUSmotive.com

Status

Sunroof & convenience close on MY10 models

So, I have an MY10 car and my user manual says I should be able to hold down the lock button on my remote and after a few seconds the windows and sunroof should close. "Convenience close" it's called and it works perfectly on our MY07 Golf GTI.

On the S3, though, the windows close no problems, but the sunroof doesn't budge an inch. I've asked my dealer to look into it and they reckon this was a feature dropped from MY10 production. Personally, I find this difficult to believe, but with just the one dealer in town and the next one being some 250km away I'm not exactly in a position to take it somewhere else.

This is where you guys can help me out. If there's other MY10 cars with convenience close working for their sunroof I will chase it up with the dealer again.

TIA
    Liam
    AUSmotive.com // AUSringers.com

AUDI: MY10 S3 (8P3) / Nav+AMI / Sunroof / Blackout Grille / RS6 FBMFSW / PSS10s / Milltek TBE / APR HPFP / APR Stage 2+ tune
    VOLKSWAGEN: 1980 Mk1 Golf GTI

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I think that my sunroof (panoramic on a MY09 sportback if it matters) doesn't close with the remote, only the windows

AUSmotive.com

Status
    Yeah, on the Aussie forum there seems to be a mix of MY10 and pre-MY10 cars that don't have the convenience close on sunroof. Hmm...

AUDI: MY10 S3 (8P3) / Nav+AMI / Sunroof / Blackout Grille / RS6 FBMFSW / PSS10s / Milltek TBE / APR HPFP / APR Stage 2+ tune

3rd Gear

Status
    Surely you can just code it to close using VCDS? im sure i have seen the option to have the sunroof close last time i used it.

Davie

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    hi Lima. mine is MY09 (probably one of the last few my09's) and it works fine with no problems at all.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

2nd Gear

Status
    My dealer told me this is a known issue that Audi are working to fix. Nothing to date though.

AUSmotive.com

Status
    Thanks Nick. Hopefully a solution is found soon.

Never satisfied

Status
    Yes it can be done it is in control module in VCD , i was doing my windows once and noticed the sun roof option there ( i did not have a sunroof) , but the options was there... There are loads of extra features in VCD like a beep when you lock t/ unlock the car. VCD is a must have piece of kit.

Got mine from Nigel on here , fast delivery and good price !

1st Gear

Status
    hey lima,
    i have a 2009 S3 and the roof & windows close with the remote!

09' imola yellow S3...
    h&r spings, forge twintake, forge dv, frc software, autotech hpfp, 76mm dp + zorst, bbs ch 19's & defi boost gauge