Climate Control Unit - Fitting

Cruiser89

Advanced In Car Tech
Reaction score
Hey guys!!

Just got given a 2 zone climate control unit for my 59 A3.

LINK

I have the bog standard aircon (3 dials) unit at the mo. Has anybody ever retro-fitted this bit of kit, well more importantly is it a direct swap or am i gonna have to do any modding on the bits behind??

Cheers in advance guys!!

Dont know of anybody that has done it. It will be an awful amount of work! The whole airbox in the dash will probably need changed to one that has the electric motors as opposed to the cable operated one you have. Will also require a lot of rewiring & probably coding using VCDS. Unless you have a car at a breakers where you can grab everything & your technically minded I would say its too much.

Ahh the technical side isn't a problem in regards to doing work and and using vagcom.

Iv just never seen anyone do it on here. Think i may take it out tonight and see what the deal is!

:O I didn't think this was possible! I could live without air con (I think) but the electronic climate should have been standard!

Ahh anything is possible my good man!!

This is what I have atm with aircon built in.

Audi3.jpg

But im willing to open it up and have a look to see what is behind it! If its not a direct fit (wiring/electrical) then I'll have to have a thinksy!!

I'll post up the results and open it for debate!

From looking at your car... You had a single din system? The climate unit you have there is the old school one.

I have had my dash apart and most of it is pretty organised behind there and is pretty easy to pull apart and put back together!

But will post up pictures and if it all works i will do a how to guide if people would like one. :)

F*ck buying a brand new A3 and ripping the contents of the dash apart!!!!

Hey, thats my old 8L A3, looks worse than it was - that was it at its worse LOL. Never caught the 59 plate bit!! I would leave it till its at least out of warrenty! LOL