Any have a short shift installed ?

drnutta

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you have a short shift installed and think its worth it?
I had 1 installed on my old r32 due to the throw being so far apart.

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd consider investing the money in a night class for learning English first.

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you have a short shift installed and think its worth it?
I had 1 installed on my old r32 but thats coz the through was so far apart....

Although the audi have a sorta cleaner shifter feel would you think its worth getting another desiel geek, forge or stick with vag....? perhaps even not bother.

I know of a few people who run short shift kits. I find the movement in gearchanges quite short as it is, i would probably consider the short shift kit if i were attending track days, 1/4 mile etc on a regular basis but not for everyday use.

Davie

My cousin has a short shifter in his mk1 TT, its great to use. DSG isn't clunk bang clunk, its "bye bye mr manual" :happy:

Still cant imagine a DSG being as much fun to drive as a manual, its maybe more of a bang bang boom clunk? haha

Still cant imagine a DSG being as much fun to drive as a manual, its maybe more of a bang bang boom clunk? haha

I'm a bit confused, my DSG has never banged or clunked, what do you mean?

and yes DSG was later changed in name in 2008 to S-tronic as to try and differenciate it from the boxes in SEAT's and VW's when in fact its identical

Its hard to say if its more fun. If I was in a 380bhp TT-S with the software with it bouning of the limiter, then I imagine it to be alot of fun compared to a manual...

I'm a bit confused, my DSG has never banged or clunked, what do you mean?

and yes DSG was later changed in name in 2008 to S-tronic as to try and differenciate it from the boxes in SEAT's and VW's when in fact its identical

If you search DSG clunk in google there are various threads in various forums about it, here's a couple:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56615

http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-chat/106881-dsg-box-intermittent-clunk.html

Davie

Ive read somewhere that the noises are due to the oil in the box not being warmed up properly once it is its meant to be fine , im looking at getting an a6 1999 plate with auto box are there any sign's i should look out for with dsg ....as cos of the age of the car im a little worried , Do you guys thinkj it will be ok