Essential options????

cdb2

Reaction score
Hi,

Am looking at speccing up a 2.0 Fsi Sport, but don't want to go too mad!

Looking at pearlescant paint and folding door mirrors for certain, possibly changing the wheels to the 5 star design and the multi function steering wheel. Not particularly into enhanced ICE and don't need satnat.

I know from the world of Mercedes that you need metallic, auto and leather for resale. Anything you need on an Audi A3 so as not to harm your resale, that is to avoid ending up with a car you can't get rid of down the line?

1) I'm assuming you don't have to have auto\DSG for resale as the manual is fine? Correct?

2) I'm assuming you don't need leather for good resale value as most of the used examples I've seen advertised don't? Correct?

3) What colours are considered best? Any to avoid?

4) How do people view the standard Sport wheels?

5) Any further idea when the 3 door will get the Sportback front grille? Imminent or not?

Comments or suggestions welcome.

Thank you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1. It's not a Merc so don't worry about auto, DSG isn't available on the 2.0FSI anyway.

2. If it were the 2.0TFSI then leather/alcantara might be worth the extra £650 but on a 2.0FSI its unlikely to make much difference to resale value.

3. Avoid solid colours, avoid bright colours, Audis tend to look best in dark metallic/pearl colours.

4. They look like a set of £10 wheel trims from Argos, go for the 5 star ones.

5. As Yak says mid 2005, my guess is it will be Autumn 2005 to be launched as the 2006 model year car in the UK.

Does the multifunction wheel mean going from three spoke to four spoke ? Just personal taste but I think the four spoke steering wheel is very very ugly.

Other options worth considering, cruise control and centre armrest. The centre armrest can't be retrofitted so be certain you don't want one. Cruise is always worth considering if you do a lot of miles. Avoid BOSE it is a complete waste of money.

garethj, multifunction is always 4-spoke. I personally chose 4-spoke steering wheel, because I found it nicer to drive (the leather one). As for looks, I don't think it's ugly.

Cruise control is a good idea, also take sport-seats, they provide more support if you're a small guy (like me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

- Yak

I agree that central armrest and cruise control are totally worth it! I don't have cruise control and I miss it

If you like a more sporty image get the front spoiler from the brochure it makes a big difference and is not very very expensive compared to the whole bodykit

Colorwise, it depends how long you are ready to spend cleaning it. If you don't mind once-a-week thourough cleaning then as garethj said dark colors are the best ones IMHO. Beware of stone chips on these colors though!

Yak, I did say it was personal taste, I just don't like four spoke wheels. When the facelift is applied to the 3 door, multifunction will be available as a three spoke.

StephV6 spot on with the heated leather, if it's going to have skin it should be warm.

Aren't all the cars sold with heated seats? mm, at least here they are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Anyway, Steph, dark colors won't save you from washing the car, imagine black. It's always dirty, especially at winters, when they salt the roads (I hate that).

- Yak

Yak,
What i meant was exactly that. Sorry for the English
Dark colors are, IMO, the nicest ones but a real pain to keep clean

Yak heated seats are options here, where you are I imagine they are almost an essential item.

I like the light pack; gives you nice LED interior lighting and footwell/active door lighting.
Go for the Silver trim on the doors (the black plastic or wood looks terrible)
I love a sunroof (personally) and it lightens up the cabin (especially on S line which is black headlining)
Cloth seats (sport) are quite nice enough but I do like leather.
Sport pack essential! (or at least SE)
Bose is nice (std system in the A3 is not as good as the A4)

[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
If you like a more sporty image get the front spoiler from the brochure it makes a big difference and is not very very expensive compared to the whole bodykit

[/ QUOTE ]

I've asked the Audi dealer about this and don't know, was there a part number and how much?

Simey

It's in the official Audi A3 accessories brochure and that has all the part numbers etc. but in a fit of generosity it is the Front Skirt which is part number "8P0 071 609 9AX".

Jasew, can you post a full size pic of your car please...

I have the brochure (and old price list); anything in particualr you are looking for and I could scan it and post it...

I paid £3400 (RRP ~ £4000) for the full Votex kit and the 18" Calito wheels that you've got but if your trading in don't expect any more than a £1000 premium from a dealer. It will make the car easier to sell of course but as with most options they worth only a fraction of the cost when its trade in time.

fantastic! handles like it's on rails, you really do have to push it to get it to step out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ride is a little harder, but no worse than my r32 was

Looks great and saves money compared to metallic black but it quickly shows every single scratch and fleck of dirt. Or at least it does on our brilliant black Allroad.

I wouldn't buy a new A3 without at least the half-leather (or full leather), BOSE (sorry i disgree and think it excellent), centre armrest and xenons. May as well chuck in the lighting pack too.

That's not a resale thing, i just wouldn't want the car without them.

I don't look at an Audi unless it has, interior light package, centre armrest, and a decent seats, but as you are looking at the sport then I guess the seats are covered.
Is d.i.s standard now? as I had a demonstrator the other day without it and would definitely want that.
The Bose system is a big improvement over the standard system, not ideal but good enough not to annoy.

Leather? hmm, I don't think it will damage resale value, and I actually prefer cloth to sit in, but I have had leather on my last 5 cars as it does sell far quicker. Alcantara would be my first choice on a sport.

Are you looking at the 2.0 T fsi or the vanilla 2.0fsi ? The 2.0tdi would be a better choice than a 2.0fsi for personal enjoyment and residuals.