2.0FSi fuel?

cdb2

Reaction score
Hi,

Thinking of getting a 2.0 FSi Sport.

Am I correct in thinking that it will run perfectly happy on 95 Ron without causing any damage to the engine\cat, albeit with a small reduction in fuel economy\performance?

yes you can run the car on 95 ron, but as you say with a reduction in the mpg and performance.

However, if you use 98 ron fuel, you'll probably gain back in mpg what the extra costs are at the pump anyway!

Thanks, presumably there is no harm in mixing 95 and 98 RON from one fill up to the next or even ending up with half a tank of each?

How much of a reduction in economy on 95 RON? Significant?

Thank you.

Hi cdb2 - Welcome - I drive a A4 FSI sport and the difference in MPG and performance when using 98ron fuel is noticable - Note that the only 98 ron fuel available in UK us Shell optimax - BP ultimate and other Super plsu fuel is 97 ron - it's not a good idea to mix them - I suggest that every 2/3 tank fulls are optimax - but try to use the tank as much as you can before mixing - Any other questions let me know - Good luck

[ QUOTE ]
that wigginer said:
I filled up with BP ultimate last week as an 'emergency' Optimax substitute. Its the first time I have used it and to be honest, I was pleasently surprised at the difference. I may be imagining it but performance wise it seems to suit my engine better.

Need to check out the economy angle ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Returned 29.2 mpg between fill-ups with BP Ultimate which equals my best with Optimax.