Brokers who deal with dealers in the South?

cdb2

Reaction score
Anyone know of any internet brokers who deal with Audi dealers in the south please?

I would be interested too.

Was thinking about using Drive the Deal but apparently their dealer is in Dundee.

If the price is right then does it really matter as most brokers don't charge for mainland UK delivery. Also if the one's your looking at don't deliver FOC then try the 9.76% discount from www.oneswoop.com available on the 3-door and the Sportback with free delivery.

Just beware that the micronet stuff looks like an import rather than a UK supplied car and if the discount is not 15%+ you'll losemoney resale time as most garages won't touch it and your left with a private sale. I know this from very recent experience. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I think you might be right about Micronet's being imports, just had a closer read on their site. Shame as they were looking cheapest.

Anyway, reasons I'd prefer to use a more local dealer:

If you end up with a lemon it's a lot easier to take back and hassle for a replacement rather than repair.
Nice to go down to the dealer and talk through your purchase rather than doing it on the phone.
I like to collect from the dealer - that way you can give the car a really good once over with the salesman before you sign for it.

OK I know that any dealer will undertake general warranty work but the supplying dealer will always have ultimate responsibilty for the car in those crutial early days of ownership.

www.uknewcars.com currently looking cheapest of all the major internet brokers (for a 2.0 TDi SE)...... unless of course any one else knows better...........

Broadspeed charge £150 fee - when you add that on takes them above uknewcars (I think! was the case when I looked 2 weeks ago). Also uknewcars give slightly better disounts on the extras so if you're going for a loaded car then they may work out cheaper all in.

There's not much in it tho. I think Broadspeed are the more established company and if they were using a dealer in the South then I'd be happy to pay the extra - when you consider the price of a new car a couple of hundred quid either way isn't worth worrying about for peace of mind.