Is there anyway of finding out what extras my car has?

G

Goner

I have tried using an Audi vin decoder, all i get is where the car was made pretty much.

I would like to know what extras i have on my car when it was ordered from new?

Having realised a few week back that i have heated washer jets i just wondered whether there was anything else the car had fitted as an 'extra' when new?

Thanks

Years ago, there used to be a thing on audi.co.uk called 'My Audi' where you could register your car reg and VIN number and it would produce a list of all the options your car left the factory with.

This seems to have been removed now (although it's possible it's hiding somewhere in the website, I didn't search that much).

However, things like heated washer jets are fairly standard across the range and so some of the more minor things (or those that are standard) would not be listed.

G-man

Yeah, heated washed gets as an optional extra, this was the case on my previous car.. a 57 plate GT Sport TSI 170.

Thats odd, I've never seen them on the configurator unless they are bundled in with something else?

On a VW, heated washer jets came part of the winter pack, which gave you heated seats, headlamp washers and heated washer jets. That's why i was asking the question about the Audi fella because my car does not have headlamp washers.

Thanks

I have tried using an Audi vin decoder, all i get is where the car was made pretty much.

Having realised a few week back that i have heated washer jets i just wondered whether there was anything else the car had fitted as an 'extra' when new?

Thanks

I recently did this for my mates BMW, and that was built in 1990, I was very impressed it brought up everything!

If you can't fnd something online that does te same for Audi, surely you can just have a look at the car and compare it to an brochure for that car of that year? Easy to find them on the web normally.

Thanks
Has your car got electric folding door mirrors as well?
Folding mirrors inc heated washer jets was a £120 option on a3 s lines.
If you visit your local Audi dealership, call in at the parts dept. Give them your chassis no & they will be able to print off the origimal build data for your vehicle. Done this a few weeks ago before buying a new S3, quite impressive what it comes up with actually.
Hope this helps.

On my Passat there was a sticker - in the boot I believe - that had all the codes printed on it giving the spec of the carm including the £10K of options some muppet spec'd on it. There was a website that listed all of these codes. I assume there's something similar on the A3 - just never bothered to look.

That sticker should be on the first page of your service schedule as well

This is the sticker
img094.jpg

the first code is E4J =s-line
then
2EA = Disc brakes, rear
And so on
As translated here
http://igorweb.org/equidec/

Thanks to all that replied, i'll look into this further.

Cheers!

Yep, check your sticker as paddy has given an example of. There should be one in your boot well and most likely a copy in your user manual as well. Then do a search for "Audi option codes" and you should be able to decipher everything.

Glad it helped you out. Shame about the surprises though... ;(

cheers for that link masterfx!
Says my car should have a rear center armrest with cupholder, but it hasn't, I feel cheated now! ;-)

Seemingly mine has heated washer jets .... Are these automatically activated as the car warms up ?

Also has an interior light pack !!?? So what's different over the standard interior lights !?? Lol

I'm under the impression that the heated mirrors and washer jets turn themselves on when the thermometer reads below a certain temperature.

Interior light has reading lights front and back, submarine lighting, footwell lights, puddle and open warning lights in the doors, ambient lights in the inner door handles and the centre console, if you have an ashtray instead of a cubby hole this is hidden

I'm under the impression that the heated mirrors and washer jets turn themselves on when the thermometer reads below a certain temperature.

Interior light has reading lights front and back, submarine lighting, footwell lights, puddle and open warning lights in the doors, ambient lights in the inner door handles and the centre console, if you have an ashtray instead of a cubby hole this is hidden
Thanks mate. Yes mine has all those lights ... So the original owner payed extra for the privilege !???

All the extras are listed for mine including interior colour options and "easy entry seats" wtf !!??
However car is listed as 2006 when its a 2005.

Are you certain there are extras fitted Tom ?

Well I have an arm rest, heated seats, auto lights, xenons , auto wipers, electric folding mirrors, mfsw from what I know so guessing so! lol! That's just from my limited knowledge.

You should be able to scroll down past the green exclamation mark. It lists the standard and optional equipment.

You should be able to scroll down past the green exclamation mark. It lists the standard and optional equipment.

How odd. Just done it again and got more listed now.

Equipment
Exterior colour
Painting phantom black pearlescent
Interior Colours
Seat upholstery black
Inlays black-black
Floor mats black
Headlining black
Optional equipment
Interior equipment
  • Illuminated vanity mirrors
  • Vehicle identification number
  • Auto dipping rear view mirror
  • Brushed aluminium inlay
  • Front centre armrest
  • Black headlining
  • Electronic climate control
Exterior equipment
  • S Line Roof Spoiler
  • Exterior mirrors: electrically foldable and electrically adjustable/heated
  • Accoustic parking system - rear only
  • Bi-functional headlight with gas discharge lamp, for driving on the left
  • Headlight washers
  • Heated front washer nozzles
Wheels/tyres
  • 225/40 R18 tyres
Steering wheels
  • Leather trimmed multi-function sports steering wheel
Seats
  • Leather seat covering
  • Heated front seats
Infotainment
  • Radio "concert"
  • Speaker (active)
Technology and safety
  • Separate daytime running lights with low beam assistant and "Coming Home" function
  • Automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic (self-adjusting while driving)
other
  • "S-line"

Anyone any clue as to where in the boot you can find this sticker? I've looked under the spare wheel and lifted some of the plastic trays out :-(

If I remember correctly, should be under spare wheel, mine was partly worn off. Think it's inside front cover of service book too.